+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bikers

Bikers

Another sounding out of my fellow clarets, anyone ride a motorbike, past or present?

Nope,I'm a big cyclist though during summer. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Nope,I'm a big cyclist though during summer. Lol
    Me too, I'm doing 10 miles a day almost everyday in my hour of exercise, my Bonny's redundant at the mo'

My first bike in the early 60s, was a BSA C15, my last one was a Honda CB 500, I gave up to it a while ago now, too bloody dangerous. I think what did it for me was attending an RTA on the Gisburn Rd above Blacko one Sunday afternoon, we pulled this lad and his bike out from under a Range Rover, but we couldn't find his head.

I was a fully fledged Rocker back in the day Chris, got involved in several skirkmishes with Mods on Blackpool promenade. Although to be honest, what it usually involved was us running like feck while they chased us, there were always ten times more of them than us.

What's you biking history mon ami ?
    Last edited by sinkov; 24-01-2021 at 08:49 PM.

I tend to go walking in winter Chris ,try to do 4/5 miles a day in the countryside as my bike is a fold up one and not really good enough for the hills around here .. During summer we think nothing of doing 30 miles along the coast on them when we are away.(all flat) lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Started when i was at school and progressed to a triumph 350 at college but ran out of funds and didn't get back into it until the late 90's, since when I've not stopped. Kawasaki 500, honda VFR and Africa Twin, Suzuki VStrom, BmwF650 and now my pride and joy a Bonneville T100. I've gone in a full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I tend to go walking in winter Chris ,try to do 4/5 miles a day in the countryside as my bike is a fold up one and not really good enough for the hills around here .. During summer we think nothing of doing 30 miles along the coast on them when we are away.(all flat) lol.
    I love walking too alf but stuck in the same spot riding gives you a bit more flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    My first bike in the early 60s, was a BSA C15, my last one was a Honda CB 500, I gave up to it a while ago now, too bloody dangerous. I think what did it for me was attending an RTA on the Gisburn Rd above Blacko one Sunday afternoon, we pulled this lad and his bike out from under a Range Rover, but we couldn't find his head.

I was a fully fledged Rocker back in the day Chris, got involved in several skirkmishes with Mods on Blackpool promenade. Although to be honest, what it usually involved was us running like feck while they chased us, there were always ten times more of them than us.

Bloody hell sinkov, I knew I had seen you before.

The "Lambretta Kid" was my former moniker.

My mates at school rode lambrettas, I had a Suzuki 100.

I have had a few bikes, including a Honda CB125, Suzuki X7 250 2 stroke, Kwacker Z200, Honda 400 Four; HD V-Rod, HD Sportster, KTM Duke 390. Currently riding a Peugeot Metropolis ( a tilting 3 wheel 400 cc twist and go jobbie). I love the Metropolis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)