+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why was Ozil frozen out at Arsenal ?

Why was Ozil frozen out at Arsenal ?

Seems strange to me that since his transfer to Fenerbahce of Sunny Istanbul went through, everyone has been very complimentary about each other and the general situation that had developed. Something obviously went on at the time of lockdown last year, and I could not fathom out why they wouldn’t play him, even when the Gunners were really struggling in every sense. Even possible relegation was mentioned at one stage.
    My own theory- word came from the hierarchy at the Emirates to Arteta NOT to play him because like everyone else, he would NOT take a wage reduction at the time. Why else would you not play a really good player, when you need all hands on deck ?
    Anyone got any thoughts on this ?

Arsenal changed after Wenger, for the worse i think, perhaps Ozil thought the same.

Heard something along the lines of his stance on human rights in China.

It seems the Gunners hierarchy wanted the £350k a week wage off the payroll.

£350,000 a week ! That's £17 and a half Million a year ! For a German ! Who is average ! What a Waste !

That's £17 and a half Million a year ! For a German ! Who is average ! What a Waste !

That's interesting Alto.
    Yes, he is born in Germany . But I would say his parents came from Turkey, to find work, but he probably was brought up as a Turk, ( I guess) and in the religion of Islam. His mother tongue Turkish but he had to learn German too. Is his sentiment, his love, to Turkey or to Germany? If I asked him the question ,''who are you?'' what could his answer be ??
    I think Casper is correct ,in that he spoke out about what China is doing to the Uighurs. Yes I found it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-uighur-people

The club says it does not involve itself in politics!! Thus the club sought to limit any damage caused to its business in China.( It has a chain of restaurants in China!)

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    That's £17 and a half Million a year ! For a German ! Who is average ! What a Waste !

That's interesting Alto.
    Yes, he is born in Germany . But I would say his parents came from Turkey, to find work, but he probably was brought up as a Turk, ( I guess) and in the religion of Islam. His mother tongue Turkish but he had to learn German too. Is his sentiment, his love, to Turkey or to Germany? If I asked him the question ,''who are you?'' what could his answer be ??
    I think Casper is correct ,in that he spoke out about what China is doing to the Uighurs. Yes I found it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-uighur-people

The club says it does not involve itself in politics!! Thus the club sought to limit any damage caused to its business in China.( It has a chain of restaurants in China!)
    I think he identifies as Turkish Balan and that caused ructions in Deutschland.

I see Mesut Ozil’s decision to quit playing for the German national team trigged a fierce national debate on ethnicity, racism, and discrimination. Ozil accused the German Football Federation (DF of bigotry and discrimination because of his Turkish ancestry. He wrote , “I’m a German when we win, but I am an immigrant when we lose,”.

He further added, "The treatment I have received from the DFB [German Football Association] and many others makes me no longer want to wear the German national team shirt. I feel unwanted and think what I have achieved since my international debut in 2009 has been forgotten”.

Ozil is a third-generation Turkish-German. Migration of Turks into Germany can be traced back to the 1960’s when West Germany was going through a period of rapid economic growth. As a result, West Germany suffered severe shortages of manpower. They tried to tackle the problem by bringing in Turkish workers to Germany.

By the way Mesut, means 'happy' in the Turkish language. I think he has not been not so happy these days, but then 350 k ,a week ???

By the way he did write on Instagram. "Qurans are being burnt. Mosques are being shut down. Muslim schools are being banned. Religious scholars are being killed. Brothers are forcefully being sent to camps," the Arsenal player posted in Turkish on Twitter and Instagram.
    "The Muslims are silent. Their voice is not heard," he wrote on a background of a blue field with a white crescent moon, the flag of what Uighur separatists call East Turkestan.

Over a million Uighurs and people of other mostly Muslim minorities have been rounded up in the camps in the tightly controlled region, according to human rights organizations and other experts.
    China described the camps as educational centres aimed at combating potential terrorism.

Turkey, which takes its name from Turkic people who migrated from central Asia, is home to a Uighur community as well and has regularly highlighted the plight of the Muslim group.

Reminds me of you BT.....

A bit more light on why it all went tits up at Arsenal for Ozil...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/prem...?ocid=msedgntp

Is that light or is that darkness, is someone telling 'porkies'?

Something 'fishy about that story BT, He was awarded 'man of the match' in one game against Leicester. Then after in an out of the team with Emery? But with all that 'he regularly started games under Emery'. Then in comes Arteta and found himself 'frozen out'? Surely a managers task is to install confidence etc, and bring Mesut 'back to form, back into the team '?....... Unless orders came from above?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)