+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: O/T Mega Poptastic Pop Quiz (7)

'19. Do you agree? That the World was meant for you and me. (A recent loss to the world of music)'

It's not a Des O' Connor song is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    '19. Do you agree? That the World was meant for you and me. (A recent loss to the world of music)'

It's not a Des O' Connor song is it?
    No much more recent loss than Des, this month.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    No much more recent loss than Des, this month.
    Ahh....Gerry Marsden then, now which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Ahh....Gerry Marsden then, now which one?
    Aah, of course - I like It by Gerry and the Pacemakers

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    It’s Johnny Logan what’s another year mate,tell her the bins all hers.
    Nice one Lolmorgan

Melba Montgomery had a US No1 with it.

I'm going to contact the writer and complain about the lyrics "...he wrote in great big words Paid in full". Surely it should be "...he wrote in great big letters Paid in full". If he wrote in great big words it would have said "Reimbursed in it's entirety"
    Coincidentally Cam, it was the “ HE wrote “ that threw me off the answer, Id got it in my mind to be a female that sang it . I wasn’t far off , turns out Tammy Wynette ( Courtesy Of Brin) did a cover too.

...and then there were 3, open to all to close it out

18. It's a soul companion You can feel it everywhere (Not sung by a Yorkshire packed lunch)
    19. Do you agree? That the World was meant for you and me. (A recent loss to the world of music)
    46. In time you'll see, fate holds the key (Sung by an opposite to the title of No 37)
    Any “ Eastenders” had a number 1 ? (37)

All done and dusted. Hope you had fun?

1. A wave out on the ocean Could never move that way Poetry In Motion Johnny Tilletson
    2. Hell is in hello Wand'rin' Star Lee Marvin
    3. No, I'm not bein' flash It's what I'm built to do Geno Dexys Midnight Runners
    4. The good times we had before you went away, oh please Walk Right Back The Everly Brothers
    5. Sail on silver girl Sail on by Bridge Over Troubled Water Simon & Garfunkel
    6. I've been praying such a long time What's Another Year Johnny Logan
    7. Without a dream in my heart Without a love of my own Blue Moon The Marcels
    8. Twice on the pipe Knock Three Times Tony Orlando and Dawn
    9. Although I search myself, it's always someone else I see Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me Elton John and George Michael
    10. You get enough germs to catch pneumonia After you do, she'll never phone you I'll Never Fall In Love Again Bobby Gentry
    11. For I'm the type of boy who is always on the roam Wherever I Lay My Hat Paul Young
    12. Every girl wants you to be her man The Tide is High Blondie
    13. If I fall for you I'm surely gonna get hurt Hey Girl Don't Bother Me The Tams
    14. Where nothing ever grows No rain nor rivers flow Do They Know It's Christmas Band Aid
    15. If you wanted a king to keep you smiling I'd tell the sandman you were blue Sweets For My Sweet The Searchers
    16. Turned away from it all like a blind man Under Pressure Queen and David Bowie
    17. And snow white turtle doves I'd Like To Teach The World.. The New Seekers
    18. It's a soul companion You can feel it everywhere Rhythm Is A Dancer Snap
    19. Do you agree? That the World was meant for you and me. I Like It Gerry and the Pacemakers
    20. Through many dangers, toils and snares Amazing Grace Royal Scots Dragoon Guards
    21. This is a chemist Not a jokers' shop! House of Fun Madness
    22. And when I touch you I feel happy inside I Want To Hold Your Hand The Beatles
    23. Hey girl Move a little closer Too Shy Kajagoogoo
    24. And here he come, right out of the cheap seats, dribbling The Streak Ray Stevens
    25. And if you're good I'll give you candy and a quarter Little Children Billy J Kramer
    26. Once upon a time, I drank a little wine Get Down Gilbert O'Sullivan
    27. In the jingle jangle morning I'll come following you Mr Tambourine Man The Byrds
    28. See, don't ever set me free I always wanna be by your side You Really Got Me The Kinks
    29. There was funky Billy Chin and little Sammy Chung Kung Fu Fighting Carl Douglas
    30. Working for the black gas Two Tribes Frankie Goes To Hollywood
    31. Been missing ya, miss kissing ya Baby Love The Supremes
    32. If her daddy's rich, take her out for a meal In The Summertime Mungo Jerry
    33. But if you love him, you'll forgive him Stand By Your Man Tammy Wynette
    34. It happens every day No matter what you say It's Not Unusual Tom Jones
    35. I'm thrown and overblown with bliss There Must Be An Angel Eurythmics
    36. Spinnin' my head around and takin' my body under (December 1963) Oh What A Night The Four Seasons
    37. If, when, why, what? How much have you got? West End Girls Pet Shop Boys
    38. I pray the Lord that I'll grow stronger As I live from day to day Crying In The Chappel Elvis Presley
    39. ...he wrote in great big words Paid in full No Charge J.J. Barrie
    40. In my imagination There is no complication I Should Be So Lucky Kylie Minogue
    41. Then in flies a guy all dressed up like a Union Jack Get Off Of My Cloud Rolling Stones
    42. Do you still recall the frightful night we crossed the Rio Grande Fernando ABBA
    43. Paint your left knee green Then extract your wisdom teeth The Chicken Song Spitting Image
    44. Now what's right is right but you ain't been right yet These Boots Are Made For Walkin' Nancy Sinatra
    45. (Hold on) hold on (Hold on) hold on Ooh, aah, baby The Only Way Is Up Yazz and the Plastic Population
    46. In time you'll see, fate holds the key Every Loser Wins Nick Berry
    47. Something in my heart told me I must have you Strangers In The Night Frank Sinatra
    48. See me in m'Benz and ting, oh Uptown Top Ranking Althea and Donna
    49. I don't know when, I don't know why Why he's gone away All Around The World Lisa Stansfield
    50. Una poca de gracia pa' mi pa' ti y arriba y arriba La Bamba Los Lobos
    51. And your life is filled with much confusion Until happiness is just an illusion Reach Out I'll Be There Four Tops
    52. Billy don't like it living here in this town Rat Trap Boomtown Rats
    53. Call me, call me by my name or call me by number The One and Only Chesney Hawkes
    54. I have found a new love dear And I will always want her near Release Me Engelbert Humperdinck
    55. To take life on earth To the second birth China In Yor Hand T'Pau
    56. Eskimo, Arapaho Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick Ian Dury and The Blockheads
    57. I love your chinny chin chin Cinderella Rockefella Esther & Abi Ofarim
    58. Two, three, four, tell the people what she wore Itsy Bitsy ****y Weeny.... Bombalurina
    59. Love can mend your life Or love can break your heart Message In A Bottle The Police
    60. Happy ever after in the market place Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da Marmalade

Here's my favourite video from this round of research.

Last edited by CAMiller; 27-01-2021 at 12:18 AM.

Excellent as always, CAM - thank you! (Enjoyed that T'Pau video, too. Definitely up there as one of the best of that collection.)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789