+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: And in our neighbours

And in our neighbours

Anti lockdown protestors riot in city centre looting,setting fire to businesses and cars. Police respond with tear gas and water cannon.

Riots in the capital also. Fireworks thrown at the police and barricades built.

Up north Covid testing centre burned to the ground. Unbelievable.

All this from my favourite Europeans the Dutch.

Once again I thank my lucky stars to be English and in England.

Inept Excessive EU bureaucracy shown up for what it is!
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55771223

The other day I pointed out just how impotent the EU was when dealing with the real issues. Like failing totally to act when a war broke out in the Balkans. Also how I see the EU’s expansion towards Putin as a real threat to European if not world peace.

So let’s take another pressing situation the Pandemic and Vaccines. How are they reacting?
    At the start of the Year when most of the world was gearing up for Vaccinations that had been approved the EU organised a meeting for 23 January to discuss its strategy !!!

The EMA ( European Medicines Agency ) have still NOT approved the Oxford Vaccine Why? Maybe because it’s English because I really cannot see any or logical reason.

EU is supposed to have a joint Vaccine strategy across the 480 Million citizens.
    Eu’s EMA Stella Kyriakides “ We are all in this together and united “ . Just like Ursula von de leyen … also said when she was jabbed “ This is a touching moment of international unity”

Jabs in Germany, Poland and Italy are now suspended due to supply issues
    Hungary has broken ranks and ordered the Russia Vaccine disobeying the EMA rules.

Germany despite peddling their idealistic a unified European approach actually earlier in the pandemic did private deal with Pfizer looking after the interests of its own citizens.

France, who’s own vaccine the Sanofi ( part of Glaxo Smith Kline group ) has just failed its phase 3 trial and is back at phase 2 now expected end of the Year maybe next Year . BUT they apparently asked Germany to delay their vaccines and wait for the Sanofi ! The French have of course denied this. It’s all about the national pride of the French.

Meanwhile the new variants are starting to rip through the populations.

This situation is a scandal and an indictment if just there needed to be just how the UE really works.

It doesn't work. It CANT work because like it or not each country IS DIFFERENT and has a different identity. None of this is a problem as long as you are just trading bananas. When you start to control other aspects of life it becomes personal. Square pegs in round holes. Its just basic common sense. When push comes to shove, their own interests come first unless they are doormats.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    It doesn't work. It CANT work because like it or not each country IS DIFFERENT and has a different identity. None of this is a problem as long as you are just trading bananas. When you start to control other aspects of life it becomes personal. Square pegs in round holes. Its just basic common sense. When push comes to shove, their own interests come first unless they are doormats.
    There's got to be a joke about not comparing apples with pears in here somewhere......

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    There's got to be a joke about not comparing apples with pears in here somewhere......

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    The other day I pointed out just how impotent the EU was when dealing with the real issues. Like failing totally to act when a war broke out in the Balkans. Also how I see the EU’s expansion towards Putin as a real threat to European if not world peace.

So let’s take another pressing situation the Pandemic and Vaccines. How are they reacting?
    At the start of the Year when most of the world was gearing up for Vaccinations that had been approved the EU organised a meeting for 23 January to discuss its strategy !!!

The EMA ( European Medicines Agency ) have still NOT approved the Oxford Vaccine Why? Maybe because it’s English because I really cannot see any or logical reason.

EU is supposed to have a joint Vaccine strategy across the 480 Million citizens.
    Eu’s EMA Stella Kyriakides “ We are all in this together and united “ . Just like Ursula von de leyen … also said when she was jabbed “ This is a touching moment of international unity”

Jabs in Germany, Poland and Italy are now suspended due to supply issues
    Hungary has broken ranks and ordered the Russia Vaccine disobeying the EMA rules.

Germany despite peddling their idealistic a unified European approach actually earlier in the pandemic did private deal with Pfizer looking after the interests of its own citizens.

France, who’s own vaccine the Sanofi ( part of Glaxo Smith Kline group ) has just failed its phase 3 trial and is back at phase 2 now expected end of the Year maybe next Year . BUT they apparently asked Germany to delay their vaccines and wait for the Sanofi ! The French have of course denied this. It’s all about the national pride of the French.

Meanwhile the new variants are starting to rip through the populations.

This situation is a scandal and an indictment if just there needed to be just how the UE really works.
    I too remember how the Serbs laughed at the threats of 'action' from the EU.

A few weeks ago a Remain supporting poster couldn't wait to post on how he had seen a piece on how much more efficient the EU were at procuring the vaccine than we were. Reckon he just repeated something he read that was anti Brexit and chucked it out there without much thought for its veracity. Oh wait! That's something only Brexiteers do after reading The Mail.

Meanwhile just checking who has administered most doses. The EU or my village hall.

Someone remind me who it might of been. And does the poster feel inclined to give us his update on how the UK has done v The EU on what is probably the most important issue right now.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 25-01-2021 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    I too remember how the Serbs laughed at the threats of 'action' from the EU.

A few weeks ago a Remain supporting poster couldn't wait to post on how he had seen a piece on how much more efficient the EU were at procuring the vaccine than we were. Reckon he just repeated something he read that was anti Brexit and chucked it out there without much thought for its veracity. Oh wait! That's something only Brexiteers do after reading The Mail.

Meanwhile just checking who has administered most doses. The EU or my village hall.

Someone remind me who it might of been. And does the poster feel inclined to give us his update on how the UK has done v The EU on what is probably the most important issue right now.
    Here you go 😏

https://youtu.be/KhxFKwUyGsA

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Here you go ��

https://youtu.be/KhxFKwUyGsA
    Stop it! No more! I can't stop laughing.

😂

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)