+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank Gone

Frank Gone

So the "fairy tale" appointment lasted less than two seasons? What utter madness!

Makes manures faith with Solskaier positively loyal!

Still I guess he will pocket a few million to ease the pain.

Would we have taken him in preference to Rooney if this had happened in November?

Knowing what we knew then I would say yes.

Knowing what we know now I would say no.

Yes on both counts - however I don't think we could afford him now, and I'd still rather have an older head in charge over both (though potentially we may have Mac pulling strings at present).

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Would we have taken him in preference to Rooney if this had happened in November?

Knowing what we knew then I would say yes.

Knowing what we know now I would say no.
    I wouldn't have, the manner in which he left, completely screwed our preparations for last season and he showed no respect for our club.

I feel that it's poetic justice for him and Chelsea.

Agree with Ram.

Spent £222m last summer. Needed to show more, but Swale’s point about OGS (easier to spell ) is well made.

Time and again we see that the best players don’t necessarily make the best managers. Hope Rooney proves the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I wouldn't have, the manner in which he left, completely screwed our preparations for last season and he showed no respect for our club.

I feel that it's poetic justice for him and Chelsea.
    Thats a dedicated fans myopic view of the world of business. In reality, Chelsea approached Mel for permission to speak to him, which was granted, the discussions and the eventual offer came after a protracted period, nobody knows why that was, it could ahve been Frank making sure his contract suited him, which after all is what everyone of us would do in the circumstances, but whatever it took longer than expected, although he joined on 4 July, so given contracts run to 30 Jun normally he did nothing wrong and we got £4 million compo. or Mel did!

The impact on us, some delay I guess but nobody knows exactly what the impact was unless you like a convenient scapegoat!

Those are the the facts, it was always a gamble for Frank but financially he wont be hurt. Poetic justice for a person exercising his contractual rights in a proper manner? PLeeeze!

He can always go back to being a pundit......

Thomas Tuchel reportedly taking over.

If I were him wouldn't bother buying a house over here with Abramovich's sacking record.

Short term rent should be more than adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by raminexile View Post
    Thomas Tuchel reportedly taking over.

If I were him wouldn't bother buying a house over here with Abramovich's sacking record.

Short term rent should be more than adequate.
    Maybe his payment would be the capital gain in buying and selling a property in London...

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Thats a dedicated fans myopic view of the world of business. In reality, Chelsea approached Mel for permission to speak to him, which was granted, the discussions and the eventual offer came after a protracted period, nobody knows why that was, it could ahve been Frank making sure his contract suited him
    From memory Swale the hold up was because Juventus were burgering about regarding the £6m compo chelsea wanted as Sarri still had 2 years left on his contract, the compo to us for Frank was all sorted at £4m but Frank couldn't go till Sarri had gone, within hours of Sarri going to Juventus Frank went to Chelsea, and as you say we got 4m compo, nothing to do with Frank weighing up his options, this scenario was discussed with Mel from the outset, if they came in for me would you let me leave, Mel said yes, so as soon as the job became available Frank then went, don't see how he screwed us over?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)