+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This would truly truly scare me

This would truly truly scare me

A mate of mine goes in for an op tomorrow on his eye. He has glaucoma and would go blind. The operation is just under local anesthetic not general.

The thought of someone operating on my eyes whilst I'm awake! Shudder.

I know what you mean, but it's amazing what they can do now.
    They don't use anaesthetic for cataracts either, and my dentist never used it for fillings yet i never felt anything.
    It's just the thought.
    I keep having the doctor having a go at me about having a bowel cancer test, but I'm not having anyone shove anything up my arse.
    You have to draw a line somewhere.

Honestly it's no problem. I had an operation a few years back to repair a macular hole (thats the lining coming off the back of the eye)
    Done under local anasthetic in one morning. I've had worse days at the dentist

I went to see a doc on a private basis today and I’m going to have the camera down me in the next couple of weeks.

I’ve insisted on a general anaesthetic because I’m terrible when it comes to invasive procedures, it’s going to cost a lot because of that but it’s not like I’m spending much on other stuff these days

As far as having it up the other end Des.

15 years ago I was in a private hospital and stripped ready for the operating theatre when I bottled out and ran from the room still pulling my trousers up with my wife trailing in my wake carrying my shoes😲

I couldn’t face it under a sedative and not being fully asleep.

My wife had it a year ago and she’s as brave as a lion and she said it was horrendous, she’s had three kids and doesn’t moan about anything medical normally.

I had a particularly painful internal inspection by the surgeon who was supposed to be doing my a r s e entry, it might seem staggering to some but it only dawned on me a few years later that I think he actually assaulted me.

He left the room quickly after “inspecting” me and as I stood up to put myself straight I actually collapsed, my knees gave way........I had to hold the wall to stay upright on my way out.

It’s almost incredible to think a 45 year old man wouldn’t realise this immediately but for some reason I didn’t.

A couple of years later I was having an extension built and I got talking to the builder and his wife worked in the NHS and knew of my surgeon and he told me he had a bad reputation and there were “rumours” about his conduct.

Five years later I chose a new doctor to talk about my bowel issues and I told him about my previous experience.

He raised his eyebrows and told me in confidence that my previous surgeon had been forced to “retire” early and if he hadn’t he was facing serious misconduct allegations.

I said I thought I’d been assaulted ( in hindsight ) and this new guy apologised to me on behalf of his profession and said I was one of many who felt the same.

Des, as far as a prostate examination goes.......the worst aspect of this is feeling the doctor rooting around up your rectum and then noticing he has both hands on your shoulders! 😏

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I went to see a doc on a private basis today and I’m going to have the camera down me in the next couple of weeks.

I’ve insisted on a general anaesthetic because I’m terrible when it comes to invasive procedures, it’s going to cost a lot because of that but it’s not like I’m spending much on other stuff these days

As far as having it up the other end Des.

15 years ago I was in a private hospital and stripped ready for the operating theatre when I bottled out and ran from the room still pulling my trousers up with my wife trailing in my wake carrying my shoes��

I couldn’t face it under a sedative and not being fully asleep.

My wife had it a year ago and she’s as brave as a lion and she said it was horrendous, she’s had three kids and doesn’t moan about anything medical normally.

I had a particularly painful internal inspection by the surgeon who was supposed to be doing my a r s e entry, it might seem staggering to some but it only dawned on me a few years later that I think he actually assaulted me.

He left the room quickly after “inspecting” me and as I stood up to put myself straight I actually collapsed, my knees gave way........I had to hold the wall to stay upright on my way out.

It’s almost incredible to think a 45 year old man wouldn’t realise this immediately but for some reason I didn’t.

A couple of years later I was having an extension built and I got talking to the builder and his wife worked in the NHS and knew of my surgeon and he told me he had a bad reputation and there were “rumours” about his conduct.

Five years later I chose a new doctor to talk about my bowel issues and I told him about my previous experience.

He raised his eyebrows and told me in confidence that my previous surgeon had been forced to “retire” early and if he hadn’t he was facing serious misconduct allegations.

I said I thought I’d been assaulted ( in hindsight ) and this new guy apologised to me on behalf of his profession and said I was one of many who felt the same.

Des, as far as a prostate examination goes.......the worst aspect of this is feeling the doctor rooting around up your rectum and then noticing he has both hands on your shoulders! ��
    Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZGQ...=MickyFlanagan

Have a prostate check every year .... due to a raised PSA test ..... nothing to it really once you get past the thought of it .... what did worry me was having a cystoscopy five years ago .... the thought about putting a tube down your pxxxx was daunting .... but to be honest once past the initial entry was ok ... recall they just used Vaseline or something ... no anaesthetic.... found it quite interesting to see what was going on inside via the monitor .....

Father in law has injections into both eyeballs monthly, he is 83, I don’t know how he does it, frightening

Quote Originally Posted by barrera View Post
    have a prostate check every year .... Due to a raised psa test ..... Nothing to it really once you get past the thought of it .... What did worry me was having a cystoscopy five years ago .... The thought about putting a tube down your pxxxx was daunting .... But to be honest once past the initial entry was ok ... Recall they just used vaseline or something ... No anaesthetic.... Found it quite interesting to see what was going on inside via the monitor .....
    shut up ffs 😫😫😫😫😫😫

i had a camera up my ***** to look into my bladder and it was the worst thing I have experienced. I was breathing like a pregnant woman being told to pant. The pain as it finally entered my bladder was intense. Then they filled the bladder with water to blow it up which made me feel like I was urinating all over the table. Terrible experience and one I would not want to have to go through again. I have had several prostate exams which leave me incapable of getting off the bed for a couple of minutes. I have had a barium enema up the anus and when it was over the guy doing the procedure said he was just going to clean me up and proceeded to wipe my anus. If that was not embarrassing enough when I got off the raised table and turned to walk out there were about ten men and women in suits and dresses all watching what had been going on. I said to the nurse that I had attended football matches with a smaller audience but she took no notice and just showed me to a toilet that had a big brush in the cubicle and a sign on the wall asking patients to not leave a mess and clean the wall if necessary.

I had a detached retina following a burst blood vessel in one of my eyes four years ago. I too was rather pensive prior to the procedure to fix it. The nurse doing the initial local anaesthetic was quite chatty putting me at ease until we got onto the subject of football. He asked who I supported. Baggies says I. Wolves was his team......adrenaline kicked off big time! Fortunately he was very professional and I went into theatre with a dead eye. Further injection was painless. Whole procedure was painless and went without a hitch!

Worst part of the whole thing was having to consistently having to have my head face down for seven days to ensure the retina didn’t come adrift. All the staff at the Birmingham Eye Hospital were terrific, couldn’t fault them.

Not as frightening as I thought it would be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)