+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey up Dragon Tyke .......... re: Young Nudger

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Yer should have asked me directly on here why I was banned.

Sorry to those that have already seen this - but as Dragon has been posting for years I thought he along with others should know why.
    So here’s yer answer Dragon.

I was continually being accused of being a racist by people that don’t know the first thing about me.
    And if they did they would realise how hateful and ridiculous those accusations were.
    I’ve no interest whatsoever in those that made the accusations because clearly they haven’t got 2 brain cells to rub together.

What made things far far worse is that Admin on there wouldn’t take that accusation down.
    In other words Admin agreed with that accusation.
    Which is totally unacceptable and unforgivable.

Those accusations were broadcast over weeks.
    I tested Admin to see if they were actually monitoring the board - I did this by accusing one of the posters on there of something as equally horrible.
    My post was taken down in 20 minutes.
    Confirming that Admin had indeed allowed the racist accusations against me to run for weeks and had done nothing about it.

I’ve emailed Admin for an explanation of why they believe I’m a racist.
    But they haven’t the curtesy to answer - which shows just what weak insipid individuals they actually are.

A few good posters remain on there - but the site is now dominated by limp wristed wokes that haven’t the brain power to have a decent discussion.
    Which is a pity because it used to be a good message board at one time where you could discuss all sorts of things - have a serious conversation while still being able to inject a bit of humour and daftness.
    This is not the case now.

And it’s definitely dipped in content since I left.
    It’s become as dull as dish watter - a really humourless soulless site.
    I honestly would NOT go back onto that message board and start posting again for a gold pig.
    I’m better off away from it.

So I have now joined the dozens of others that over the years once posted on there but no longer do so.
    Many of them hounded out by abuse - abuse that has been allowed under their weak spineless Admin.
    It’s about time Gally had the guts to pull the plug on the whole sorry site.
    But as someone said on here a few weeks ago - if that happened then the shi.te on there might start posting on here.
    Which no one wants on here.
    First point I’d like to make is that I don’t think you are Racist. You’ve never posted stuff on here I find racist. I have no proof, nor accusation that you are.
    But If I was in your shoes, feeling SO strongly accused, I’d most definitely post on here some of the stuff that you feel they targeted/accused you of being racist for, and then I’d probably take them to court. Regardless of the cost.

What I do find strange Nudge, is that you come on here, a site with a relatively sedentary display of views, and occasionally, attempt to “Poke folk” by inane comment about nowt in particular. Your posts are lengthy, erratic, frenetic and mostly just “poking” for an arguement..... . Twenty points of view in one post, and then defend such comments as “your right to speak”

You are welcome on here , because as you say ( and RIGHTLY)! you are entitled to your view, and no one on here disagrees with that.
    But why come on here, and continually have a beef about a different board and they way they operate?

We don’t need it, we can’t affect it. If we were bothered we’d post on their board.... They have their opinion of us... we know it, but it only seems to bother you...,,,( so badly)....
    So Why?

I have read racism on this board, however posters that are left are very astute, and keep their private views PRIVATE. There isnt much accusation thrown around between posters here, and if there is, an apology generally follows swiftly.

Now you needn’t test us lot, because it may take twenty DAYS for our admin to soart art a dodgy post.....
    By which time the person who sent it at 01.30 in the morning )after 4 Fosters, 3 Speckled Hens , a Rum and Coke and a swift “Tiny Southern Comfort...Just to make sure we sleep} would probably have apologised by the time the Mods woke up anyway.

You are obsessed with BBS. We aren’t, I don’t read them, (they may be a good set of guys........ for all I know we may sit together in the pub, or P!$$ in the same pot at half time .....)......

Stay...........Go, it’s your choice...... stay here, forget about them. Just FGS leave them On the wave behind! This board operates in a specific way...... just live with it.... We can’t sort out your issue with BBS.... Forget it ....

But as someone said on here lately.....” the shi.te on there might start posting on here”

Well if they do.....that’s fine.......... As long as they get on with it and don’t keep banging on about badly done to they were on the old site

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    You're certainly of interest on BBS Nudge. Today's thread on you has reached nearly 100 posts, and counting, including one ex member of Tykes Mad who is seeking to be name checked on here. Such fame .

I know you use this board as a means of communicating with BBS posters Nudge but I don't see the relevance of some on BBS using the exchange of views as a reason to denigrate in general this board of fellow Reds.

( By the way we are not "Tykes Talk"----- "Tykes Mad" and "Tykes Chat" are OK )

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    First point I’d like to make is that I don’t think you are Racist. You’ve never posted stuff on here I find racist. I have no proof, nor accusation that you are.
    But If I was in your shoes, feeling SO strongly accused, I’d most definitely post on here some of the stuff that you feel they targeted/accused you of being racist for, and then I’d probably take them to court. Regardless of the cost.

What I do find strange Nudge, is that you come on here, a site with a relatively sedentary display of views, and occasionally, attempt to “Poke folk” by inane comment about nowt in particular. Your posts are lengthy, erratic, frenetic and mostly just “poking” for an arguement..... . Twenty points of view in one post, and then defend such comments as “your right to speak”

You are welcome on here , because as you say ( and RIGHTLY)! you are entitled to your view, and no one on here disagrees with that.
    But why come on here, and continually have a beef about a different board and they way they operate?

We don’t need it, we can’t affect it. If we were bothered we’d post on their board.... They have their opinion of us... we know it, but it only seems to bother you...,,,( so badly)....
    So Why?

I have read racism on this board, however posters that are left are very astute, and keep their private views PRIVATE. There isnt much accusation thrown around between posters here, and if there is, an apology generally follows swiftly.

Now you needn’t test us lot, because it may take twenty DAYS for our admin to soart art a dodgy post.....
    By which time the person who sent it at 01.30 in the morning )after 4 Fosters, 3 Speckled Hens , a Rum and Coke and a swift “Tiny Southern Comfort...Just to make sure we sleep} would probably have apologised by the time the Mods woke up anyway.

You are obsessed with BBS. We aren’t, I don’t read them, (they may be a good set of guys........ for all I know we may sit together in the pub, or P!$$ in the same pot at half time .....)......

Stay...........Go, it’s your choice...... stay here, forget about them. Just FGS leave them On the wave behind! This board operates in a specific way...... just live with it.... We can’t sort out your issue with BBS.... Forget it ....

But as someone said on here lately.....” the shi.te on there might start posting on here”

Well if they do.....that’s fine.......... As long as they get on with it and don’t keep banging on about badly done to they were on the old site
    20 days is a bit of an exaggeration. I always try within a fortnight !!

So Why?

Bloody hell Jules ...... some points to wade through there.
    Here goes ..........

1) I have spoken to a lawyer friend of mine regarding racist accusations on the BBS.

2) The comments I made about race matters were an attempt (probably a clumsy attempt) to strike up a discussion about unacceptable words used when referring to racism. I repeatedly said I wouldn’t use those words myself - but IMO it’s not necessarily the case that people that do use these words are racist.
    I know this might seem a quite trivial example but I think it’s a good example of this - is a Clint Eastwood film I watched the other day when he’s playing a fella carrying drugs from Mexico into America and he stops in his truck to help a black couple change a damaged tyre.
    He calls the couple negros. The black couple take offence at this - the Eastwood character apologises.
    Is the Eastwood character a racist ?
    People will probably know individuals that still use those words - but will not consider them racists.
    I’ve known a lot of people in my life - but I have met only two people that I would describe as racists.
    Those 2 individuals had a dislike of anyone with a different skin colour to themselves.

3) No I’m NOT obsessed by the BBS - but I do read it occasionally - and especially through a transfer window to see if there are any rumours about transfers.
    And yes I do know there’s no love lost between the 2 sites. Something I have always found strange - and over the years I have posted that opinion on there and on here.
    However - I’ve been put in a position where people that read and post on both sites continue to throw false accusations about - and there’s only one place i can answer that - and that’s on here.
    So yes I apologise again for that.

4) As for my style of posting. People have accused me of being a WUM - if they do that then they are just not understanding what I’m about. I do like to generate debate, discussion and argument - IMO that’s what a message board is for.
    Im not offended if someone disagrees with me on a topic - that’s how it should be - because that sparks discussion.
    And i can guarantee that I will NOT throw abuse at someone if they disagree with my point of view.
    UNLESS of course that poster becomes a troll by continually throwing abuse in my direction.
    I have a few stalkers on the BBS - they are in plain sight - you just need to read the BBS now to see who they are - the weak BBS Admin have done nothing about them.
    Now I’m away from that site those same stalkers have switched to other targets - and again the BBS Admin just watch it happen.
    Some of the most popular posters on the BBS over the years don’t post on there anymore because of the bullying tactics - again the BBS Admin just sit and watch it happen.
    And that is one of the primary reasons I prefer this message board.
    You can have a discussion on here without individuals jumping on the schoolyard band wagon.

5) Im probably one of the first to start posting on the BBS and it’s forerunners.
    So it’s a shame really that BBS Admin allowed things to get out of hand.
    Also those that have been there for year, some of them I have met, have just sat there and watched the BBS become unrecognisable to what it once was.
    As I’ve said - I wouldn’t start posting again on there for a gold pig.

Hope that answers a few questions Jules.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 27-01-2021 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Bloody hell Jules ...... some points to wade through there.
    Here goes ..........

1) I have spoken to a lawyer friend of mine regarding racist accusations on the BBS.

2) The comments I made about race matters were an attempt (probably a clumsy attempt) to strike up a discussion about unacceptable words used when referring to racism. I repeatedly said I wouldn’t use those words myself - but IMO it’s not necessarily the case that people that do use these words are racist.
    I know this might seem a quite trivial example but I think it’s a good example of this - is a Clint Eastwood film I watched the other day when he’s playing a fella carrying drugs from Mexico into America and he stops in his truck to help a black couple change a damaged tyre.
    He calls the couple negros. The black couple take offence at this - the Eastwood character apologises.
    Is the Eastwood character a racist ?
    People will probably know individuals that still use those words - but will not consider them racists.
    I’ve known a lot of people in my life - but I have met only two people that I would describe as racists.
    Those 2 individuals had a dislike of anyone with a different skin colour to themselves.

3) No I’m NOT obsessed by the BBS - but I do read it occasionally - and especially through a transfer window to see if there are any rumours about transfers.
    And yes I do know there’s no love lost between the 2 sites. Something I have always found strange - and over the years I have posted that opinion on there and on here.
    However - I’ve been put in a position where people that read and post on both sites continue to throw false accusations about - and there’s only one place i can answer that - and that’s on here.
    So yes I apologise again for that.

4) As for my style of posting. People have accused me of being a WUM - if they do that then they are just not understanding what I’m about. I do like to generate debate, discussion and argument - IMO that’s what a message board is for.
    Im not offended if someone disagrees with me on a topic - that’s how it should be - because that sparks discussion.
    And i can guarantee that I will NOT throw abuse at someone if they disagree with my point of view.
    UNLESS of course that poster becomes a troll by continually throwing abuse in my direction.
    I have a few stalkers on the BBS - they are in plain sight - you just need to read the BBS now to see who they are - the weak BBS Admin have done nothing about them.
    Now I’m away from that site those same stalkers have switched to other targets - and again the BBS Admin just watch it happen.
    Some of the most popular posters on the BBS over the years don’t post on there anymore because of the bullying tactics - again the BBS Admin just sit and watch it happen.
    And that is one of the primary reasons I prefer this message board.
    You can have a discussion on here without individuals jumping on the schoolyard band wagon.

5) Im probably one of the first to start posting on the BBS and it’s forerunners.
    So it’s a shame really that BBS Admin allowed things to get out of hand.
    Also those that have been there for year, some of them I have met, have just sat there and watched the BBS become unrecognisable to what it once was.
    As I’ve said - I wouldn’t start posting again on there for a gold pig.

Hope that answers a few questions Jules.
    I’d leave them on the wave behind mate..... Just move on, forget they are there. If they bother you that much amd you bother them that much .... walk away and start a new life elsewhere. Like an ex wife who you just have to keep arguing with, your a lot happier when you leave them alone to be bitter and not speak of them again.

I’d leave them on the wave behind mate..... Just move on, forget they are there. If they bother you that much amd you bother them that much .... walk away and start a new life elsewhere. Like an ex wife who you just have to keep arguing with, your a lot happier when you leave them alone to be bitter and not speak of them again.
    Tha reight of course.
    I’ll just leave yer with this.
    A well known Barnsley fan - home and away - who I speak to at matches.
    If I remember right I think he’s from Thurnscoe.
    A few years ago someone on BBS accused him of being a peado.
    The guy from Thurnscoe works with children.
    So naturally he blew his top.
    Consequently he got banned from the BBS.
    Im informed by him that the person who threw the accusations about is still posting on the BBS.

I welcome your contributions so far Nudge on this board. As long as you believe what you are posting is your view on a matter and not just designed to stir up things I am with you. I have often found myself over the years on here almost alone in expressing a view on things at variance with the overwhelming majority view but i am happy with that as long as the view I expressed was my genuine opinion, not one posted just to gain attention. I often used the phrase, "Just for balance", before my comments just to indicate there was a different view. People who try to close down that different view abound but stick to your opinions Nudge.
    If you have called posters on BBS various names "to test the Admin" it would have been better to explain your tactic first, otherwise it gives the wrong impression or the opportunity to attack you.
    Finally I plea yet again to those on BBS with a burning desire to attack the Tykes Mad board in general to recognise we are fellow Reds and just post on a different board, mainly for historical reasons.

Good post SB

Just to be clear, I’m not trying to get Nudger to stop posting, just wonder why he just don’t leave them be, and stay here. His views are his views, and he will get respected for giving them, or will get no replies to them. ...which is why our board works. . (I’ve learned that myself over the years Nudger) . Sign the divorce papers Nudger and be happier. . If folk on here think you’ve overstepped,
    Folk will tell you. (I learned that too)!
    Come to think of it.... Has anyone actually been banned from here ESR.?

Just to be clear, I’m not trying to get Nudger to stop posting, just wonder why he just don’t leave them be, and stay here. His views are his views, and he will get respected for giving them, or will get no replies to them. ...which is why our board works. . (I’ve learned that myself over the years Nudger) . Sign the divorce papers Nudger and be happier. . If folk on here think you’ve overstepped,
    Folk will tell you. (I learned that too)!
    Come to think of it.... Has anyone actually been banned from here ESR.?
    Even Donald Trump couldn't get banned off here !!!

:-) :-) :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast