+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Wes Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Out of all those signed this season there are only 3 players that actually look any good. Roberts, Reeves and Knowles. Knowles for some strange reason doesnt get picked, regardless of him scoring goals. Rodrigues is a 45minute man, Sam wouldnt get into our local pub team, Chickson has dissapeared off the face of the earth and Miller looks like being another one of Ardleys failures...
    Even worse Durham, Roberts wasn't this season he played he played last season and even scored and impressed in the play off final.

So only 2 good signings in your eyes. Yikes!

At risk of sounding a little over the top I think the recruitment has been largely excellent and both the owners and Ardley should be applauded. It’s not only finding talented players but also players with the right mentality, and whatever we say about about our performances I can’t remember a game where the players didn’t give everything or were just going through the motions. I emperors as frustrated as the next fan, but if I can see the players are working for the shirt I can forgive everything else.

Our recruitment has been great though, all of the below have been largely fantastic for us.

Slocombe
    Brindley
    DKE
    Rawlinson
    Lacey
    Turner
    Roberts
    Wootton
    Rodrigues (early days, but there’s clearly talent there)
    Thomas

There are others that still have a lot to prove but to have a success rate on that many signings, although subjective, is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    At risk of sounding a little over the top I think the recruitment has been largely excellent and both the owners and Ardley should be applauded. It’s not only finding talented players but also players with the right mentality, and whatever we say about about our performances I can’t remember a game where the players didn’t give everything or were just going through the motions. I emperors as frustrated as the next fan, but if I can see the players are working for the shirt I can forgive everything else.

Our recruitment has been great though, all of the below have been largely fantastic for us.

Slocombe
    Brindley
    DKE
    Rawlinson
    Lacey
    Turner
    Roberts
    Wootton
    Rodrigues (early days, but there’s clearly talent there)
    Thomas

There are others that still have a lot to prove but to have a success rate on that many signings, although subjective, is impressive.
    Hang on! Fantastic?! We haven't won anything! Wootton has done well and i like him...but he hasn't be fantastic. Otherwise he wouldn't be here. Simple as that. Lacey did very well last season but not this. Rawlinson has been a very solid defender but he is no Van Dijk. Roberts has had about 6 decent games. Turner...fantastic?! DKE? Brindley??? You must have very low standards!

Rodrigues has made a minimal impact. One goal for an attacker and how many assists?

You have been very generous there.

Want to know a team with excellent recruitment? Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Even worse Durham, Roberts wasn't this season he played he played last season and even scored and impressed in the play off final.

So only 2 good signings in your eyes. Yikes!
    Well 2 then. We have a far weaker team than the one we had last season.. And to make it worse, we continue to sign players that are useless.. So who in your opinion are the players signed this season that are any good, and have made an impact on the team ???

Tshano may have been generous with his wording but I'd say all the 10 players on his list have been good signings some very good. If Tshano is being generous then unsurprisingly KC is being comically critical.
    "Rawlinson has been a very solid defender but he is no Van Dijk" is a beauty of a statement and he ain't wrong lol.

Prior to the new owners we wouldn't have a list of positive signings like this. Not even close, a horror show. Instead we would have been spending around half a million on two players who will both leave on free transfers after 2/3 seasons on a big wage each.

It's common for lower league and non league clubs to have more misses than hits that's understandable. The key is getting a few big hits £££

Tshano may have been generous with his wording but I'd say all the 10 players on his list have been good signings some very good. If Tshano is being generous then unsurprisingly KC is being comically critical.
    "Rawlinson has been a very solid defender but he is no Van Dijk" is a beauty of a statement and he ain't wrong lol.

Prior to the new owners we wouldn't have a list of positive signings like this. Not even close, a horror show. Instead we would have been spending around half a million on two players who will both leave on free transfers after 2/3 seasons on a big wage each.

It's common for lower league and non league clubs to have more misses than hits that's understandable. The key is getting a few big hits £££
    I'm not going to argue with you Laddo. We are all entitled to our opinion. I guess we just have different ideas of what fantastic, good, solid and bang average are. I'd be interested to know which of our players other teams would pay money for.

Is it possible to mould a group of mostly average and a handful of above average players for this level into a promotion winning team? If yes, is Ardley capable of doing that?

Instead we would have been spending around half a million on two players who will both leave on free transfers after 2/3 seasons on a big wage each.
    Out of interest, is us "spending around half a million on two players who will both leave on free transfers after 2/3 seasons on a big wage each" routine, or is it a really extreme example of cherry-picking?

It's just that if anyone else picks the odd cherry, you are always the first to criticise.

Not "if anyone" at all, it's when you are a serial offender like yourself that it needs highlighting.

I used those two as the perfect (and extreme) example of how having money to throw it doesn't guarantee success. Also more evidence of where Notts tend to pay for players and never recoup it back let alone make a profit when we sell them. They were the obvious example to perfectly highlight both points.

The not making a profit on players signed alone requires no cherry picking, you have an abundance to choose from over the years, sadly.

Really good football debate here but why am I not surprised that Elite chooses to quote my posts and not others?

Some strong and interesting views on here for you to quote and comment on , don't let your addiction and obsession get in the way of quoting others. You've missed some pretty big ones already. Let's not ruin a good debate regarding recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I'm not going to argue with you Laddo. We are all entitled to our opinion. I guess we just have different ideas of what fantastic, good, solid and bang average are. I'd be interested to know which of our players other teams would pay money for.
    We are indeed, all just opinions. Thought your "about 6 decent games" for Roberts is a little misleading as he's not played too many times for Notts so that's a really good ratio.

Great question about who in the squad could demand a fee, very few of imagine.

I'd guess about 4 potentially 6.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast