+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes Thomas

Wes Thomas

Contract terminated at players request.

Seems best for all parties.

Hopefully the budget will now stretch to a replacement.

Perhaps for the best all round

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Contract terminated at players request.
    A real shame but best for both parties and good luck to Wes and his family. I think his contribution to Notts in his time here has been mostly positive, if he could finish we’d have had a 25 goal a season striker on our hands, but he scored a fair few a set up a few too.

Bit of a strange one. Understand and respect his decision not to play. From what I’ve read Notts have been supportive, financially(continued to pay him) and emotionally. Did he feel uncomfortable continuing to receive a salary but not playing?

Whatever his reasons, sorry to see him leave and I hope he and his family are safe/well.

Respect to him for doing the right thing under the circumstances. I can think of many others who would have had no qualms with taking the money whilst not being willing to play.

It will be interesting to see what Notts do now to fill the gap as we do need another option up front.

I suspect we haven’t heard the end of this one just yet 👀

The forward cited family reasons behind his decision and departs with our best wishes for the future.

https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC/st...52401380040706

He's been a very decent servant to us but I for one respect his choice and wish him only the best going forward.

That's what he's been after all along, don't want to train with others what bullhooks. Hope gets what he's after. We move on

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast