+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I hope we don't sign another forward only for Ardley not to play him. We really don't need one. In Wootton, Effiong, Knowles and Sam we should have more than enough to achieve our goals.

What we need is mobility, strength and pace in midfield and some decent attacking fullbacks.
    None of those players have a proven track record at this level of banging in goals. Wooton scored a few when Roberts was feeding him Knowles and Sam who knows really but there is potential and Effiong will get 15 a year at this level over a season, good but not prolific and needs game time when game time well who knows!

Does anyone here have any faith in dear leader signing a competent replacement for Thomas? He already has four strikers but only one has a regular place and when he's injured Ardley uses the other three like he's juggling with sharp knives.

Personally I would love it if Ricardo Monez had our budget and players down here. Complete with Pilots Jacket.

I agree with MancMagpie I don't think we need a replacement, albeit that depends on when Roberts is likely to be fully fit again.

The Ardley/Football Radar combined recruitment has been impressive overall so if they do seek a replacement then yes. More faith now than with previous managers when it comes to recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I agree with MancMagpie I don't think we need a replacement, albeit that depends on when Roberts is likely to be fully fit again.

The Ardley/Football Radar combined recruitment has been impressive overall so if they do seek a replacement then yes. More faith now than with previous managers when it comes to recruitment.
    Care to comment on the results?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Care to comment on the results?
    The results of the recruitment? Or match results?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    The results of the recruitment? Or match results?
    They are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    They are one and the same.
    No they aren't. You don't really think.

I know he isn’t obliged to but I’d have thought given the circumstances that if it was an amicable and honest enough decision that Wes may have issued a statement. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him playing again soon.

Regarding the strikers position, I don’t see Effiong as a replacement for Thomas at all. He seems worryingly similar to Wootton to me which is why I was surprised to see them both start on Saturday. As others have said, I’d prefer to see a Knowles type start alongside either of them...that chance Wootton got near the end against Torquay are the type that Knowles seems to thrive in.

I hope he gets a start tonight but I’m not optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I know he isn’t obliged to but I’d have thought given the circumstances that if it was an amicable and honest enough decision that Wes may have issued a statement. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him playing again soon.

Regarding the strikers position, I don’t see Effiong as a replacement for Thomas at all. He seems worryingly similar to Wootton to me which is why I was surprised to see them both start on Saturday. As others have said, I’d prefer to see a Knowles type start alongside either of them...that chance Wootton got near the end against Torquay are the type that Knowles seems to thrive in.

I hope he gets a start tonight but I’m not optimistic.
    you know the game is tomorrow now?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast