+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Yeah of course, although taking our the big 2 I've never been sure what the English equivalent is. I've heard top end L1, bottom end Championship but I've not seen enough.

As for Dennis he's gotta be frustrated he's only getting 10-15 mins from the bench and never getting a chance to start. I'm sure he was expecting more after making the move.
    Im sure he is earning more money as well when you are lower/non league if someone offers you a good contract you go

Dennis, the difference between 1 and 3 points V Torquay

Thomas was ok, good energy but needed a few chances to score. We move on but all the best to him and his family.

No doubt he's earning more, I don't blame him for the move at all, it makes sense. Just must be disappointing and frustrating to have only started 2 games and played so little.

Good luck to him but on the surface now it appears he is using COVID to engineer a move closer to his family. We could have done with him being more available this season for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    Expect him to be playing for someone else next week then
    I honestly don't know what to believe on this one.

If Wes doesn't reappear with any other club until the Covid vaccine has been widely deployed then you would have to think his given reasons for not playing/training were genuine, but like you say if he pops up at another club in two weeks' time then that would suggest it was all a ruse to get out, and a very cynical one at that.

I'm leaning quite strongly towards the reasons being genuine, because the club's statement doesn't imply any bad blood, compared with the departure of Casper Sloth when the club and the gaffer openly expressed their dissatisfaction. For all we know Wes might have a close family member who is especially vulnerable and therefore didn't feel he could take the risk relative to the reward. He's played at a decent level and presumably earned good money, so maybe he can afford to suspend or even end his career.
    Last edited by jackal2; 25-01-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Fair play to Thomas, he’s done what’s right for himself and his family. Let’s hope Ardley manages to get someone in who he actually rates rather than yet another bloke to keep him company on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I honestly don't know what to believe on this one.

If Wes doesn't reappear with any other club until the Covid vaccine has been widely deployed then you would have to think his given reasons for not playing/training were genuine, but like you say if he pops up at another club in two week' time then that would suggest it was all a ruse to get out, and a very cynical one at that.

I'm leaning quite strongly towards the reasons being genuine, because the club's statement doesn't imply any bad blood, compared say with the departure of Casper Sloth when the club and the gaffer openly expressed their dissatisfaction. For all we know Wes might have a close family member who is especially vulnerable and therefore didn't feel he could take the risk relative to the reward.
    I think the reasons for leaving are genuine and also a little selfish. He wants to be with his family. Well so do I but I cant just jump on a plane. He had a wee nipper not so long ago and with all the COVID stuff around if as has been mentioned he lives in London its sensible for him to want to be with his family AND playing for a club down there. I do think he's trying to engineer it and hes clearly well down the track to achieving it. His COVID not training reason is complete horse manure. Ultimately he signed a contract with the club and now hes quite possibly used COVID as a convenient excuse to wriggle out of it for personal reasons. The club are right to let him go but leaves a bit of a sour taste if thats the case. I am pretty sure he will turn up playing somewhere close to wherever he lives in the not too distant future.

I presume Effiong is the replacement, but a goal poacher of the Kristian Dennis type would also be welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I presume Effiong is the replacement, but a goal poacher of the Kristian Dennis type would also be welcome!
    It looks like we already have a goal poacher - scored three goals in the three games he’s started, but rarely gets any game time. Time to give Knowles a start on Wednesday and give Wootton a rest? The latter’s not been pulling up any trees this season.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast