+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Wes Thomas

I think Ardleys recruitment this and last season has been pretty decent, I would say 80% plus have worked out well. Graham and Knowles I think would have got more games if we have had actually had a busier schedule as would Wolfe but he was hampered by Covid as well. A lot of people were shouting for us to sign Chicksen on his couple of displays but who knows whats happening with him. As for Sam, clearly a football radar driven signing, if we are serious about going for it this season he might have to be a causality and we get another forward in as I just can't see it happening for him this season (hope I'm wrong), I like Knowles but he has to be in a front 2 as he's too lightweight at the mo to play down the sides against fullbacks, I don't see him a a regular starter.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Not "if anyone" at all, it's when you are a serial offender like yourself that it needs highlighting.
    I'm just trying to work out your rules, and this has been helpful - if anyone else cherry picks then it's called cherry picking, but if you do it it's acceptable. Just as I thought.

Really good football debate here but why am I not surprised that Elite chooses to quote my posts and not others?
    I think the reason you're not surprised could be because you have some sort of inferiority complex. If you didn't indulge in outright hypocrisy so often, then I wouldn't quote your posts so often.

We are indeed, all just opinions. Thought your "about 6 decent games" for Roberts is a little misleading as he's not played too many times for Notts so that's a really good ratio.

Great question about who in the squad could demand a fee, very few of imagine.

I'd guess about 4 potentially 6.
    Interesting Laddo. Who would be your 4-6 from this current squad who are in high enough demand to command a fee?

With all this good recruitment I had to check the NL table, to double check that we’re not performing appallingly averagely after all. The recruitment has been so good we’re only 16 points off the top the 5th division. The might of Sutton are just 7 points ahead.

Tell you what, if the season is cancelled there’s no doubt Ardley should get another go at it. His recruitment will be so good he might even get the gap to the top down to single figures.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Interesting Laddo. Who would be your 4-6 from this current squad who are in high enough demand to command a fee?
    I'd say we currently have two in Roberts and Wootton. I can't see any League clubs fighting over any of the others. So despite 18 months of Football radar signings.. I'm still waiting for the saleable youngsters

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    With all this good recruitment I had to check the NL table, to double check that we’re not performing appallingly averagely after all. The recruitment has been so good we’re only 16 points off the top the 5th division. The might of Sutton are just 7 points ahead.

Tell you what, if the season is cancelled there’s no doubt Ardley should get another go at it. His recruitment will be so good he might even get the gap to the top down to single figures.
    It's scary Fatty. Scary how some on here have just accepted mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    At risk of sounding a little over the top I think the recruitment has been largely excellent and both the owners and Ardley should be applauded. It’s not only finding talented players but also players with the right mentality, and whatever we say about about our performances I can’t remember a game where the players didn’t give everything or were just going through the motions. I emperors as frustrated as the next fan, but if I can see the players are working for the shirt I can forgive everything else.

Our recruitment has been great though, all of the below have been largely fantastic for us.

Slocombe
    Brindley
    DKE
    Rawlinson
    Lacey
    Turner
    Roberts
    Wootton
    Rodrigues (early days, but there’s clearly talent there)
    Thomas

There are others that still have a lot to prove but to have a success rate on that many signings, although subjective, is impressive.
    Yes it’s certainly over the top chap.

The context I would give this is that we are still a very big fish in a small pond. And also have parachute money almost all other clubs do not.

That should assist in our rate.

However you spin it. Excellent it is not.

It is I grant you better than it has been for a good many years. But that is with the above context in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I'd say we currently have two in Roberts and Wootton. I can't see any League clubs fighting over any of the others. So despite 18 months of Football radar signings.. I'm still waiting for the saleable youngsters
    Roberts
    Wootton
    Rúben da Rocha Rodrigues
    DKE

Are my 4 all young enough and talented enough to command a fee.

Does anyone know how much the top two cost us?

Some good signings like Rawlinson and Lacey are never going to command a fee but that doesn't stop them being good signings.

As Don rightly points out however you judge the recruitment this past couple of seasons it's noticeably better than for many a year.

For starters we aren't wasting a quarter of a million on fees for players who just didn't produce enough to justice a fee anywhere near that.

We need to start looking for profit makers and that isn't easy and will take time but it's clearly steps in the right direction.

Roberts
    Wootton
    Rúben da Rocha Rodrigues
    DKE

Some good signings like Rawlinson and Lacey are never going to command a fee but that doesn't stop them being good signings.

As Don rightly points out however you judge the recruitment this past couple of seasons it's noticeably better than for many a year.

For starters we aren't wasting a quarter of a million on fees for players who just didn't produce enough to justice a fee anywhere near that.

We need to start looking for profit makers and that isn't easy and will take time but it's clearly steps in the right direction.
    DKE?! You're having a laugh.

And Rodders has shown nothing yet to suggest he could command a fee. (I hope that changes of course).

I'll tell you who will go on to command a fee soon if not already...

Sam Osbourne.

Roberts
    Wootton
    Rúben da Rocha Rodrigues
    DKE

I agree, not for a long time have we had salable assets.

Anyway on a brighter note, Torquay drew Sutton, not a bad result really, on the assumption we can kick on.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast