+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Wes Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

As Don rightly points out however you judge the recruitment this past couple of seasons it's noticeably better than for many a year.
    Unfortunately, it isn’t a high bar. But it is certainly better.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Exactly. It has to be judged based on the league we are in. If we were in League 1, the competition would be considerable and many clubs would be able to offer similar or better deals than us. But we're in the National League FFS. If we don't have the tools in place to improve recruitment at this level, there is no hope at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    DKE?! You're having a laugh.

And Rodders has shown nothing yet to suggest he could command a fee. (I hope that changes of course).

I'll tell you who will go on to command a fee soon if not already...

Sam Osbourne.
    I'd say Rodders has shown enough that he could command a fee just not right now.

I thought Osborne had already commanded a nominal fee with his move to Fylde?

I'm hopeful that Roberts if he stays injury fee could achieve a sizeable one for this level

I'd say Rodders has shown enough that he could command a fee just not right now.

I thought Osborne had already commanded a nominal fee with his move to Fylde?

I'm hopeful that Roberts if he stays injury fee could achieve a sizeable one for this level
    Mate, i guarantee that if we had signed Rodders from League Two you would not be saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Oh agreed it's been an embarrassingly low bar previously but their has been an obvious and significant improvement on the recruitment side of things. Not just with the proportion of good signings compared to duds but also the type of player we are signing. More risky but also more likely to reward with a profit further down the line.

We should all be thankful that the bar has finally been raised and the approach has been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Mate, i guarantee that if we had signed Rodders from League Two you would not be saying that.
    You can't, if you don't think he's got potential then we are looking at different players. Wootton from Scunny and Roberts from Blyth says it all. Doesn't matter where they are from no they fit a profile.

Name:  EB70386E-3BC8-46B0-A41C-0AB8625BC5FA.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  20.0 KB

Good to know this bloke is alive and well and posting as ‘laddo’ on here.

I know NCM is a cauldron of negativity inhabited by a plethora of grumpy old men but if people (excl. Durham and KC) think that the recruitment has got worse since the owners took over I would be astounded!

I know NCM is a cauldron of negativity inhabited by a plethora of grumpy old men but if people (excl. Durham and KC) think that the recruitment has got worse since the owners took over I would be astounded!
    I never said that Laddo. I said it has gotten better. Please don't put words in my mouth. But as others have rightly said, the bar was very low and if I am being honest, it has not been quite as exciting as i was hoping for. Effiong for example...29 and never really achieved much.

My initial point was that I still think the management are in charge of the majority of the transfers and not Football Radar. I think the radar people just check them over.

As for Rodders...i do think he has potential. But i think he is afforded a lot more patience because of where we signed him from.

Possibly true, I was a lot more patient with the likea of Tony Garcia due to his nationality. The same is definitely true of youngsters especially homegrown youngsters afforded a lot more patience.

Glad we agree on Rodders showing potential.

I honestly have no idea how the recruitment works, have the owners or manager ever properly explained it? I can only guess who was the main thrust behind each signing.

Maybe it's just Durham who thinks it's got worse but that's no surprise.

It's a definite positive for me and a good sign for future during a clearly awful time for the club.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011