+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- MOTD Commentary

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Most of the main commentators bore you to death

They speak of stats stats stats all the time just shut up talk about the game you are watching nobody cares if Blackpool haven't won at Wrexham since 1973 !
    I think Martin Tyler has had his day on Sky. They're loyal to him presumably because he was with them from day one, so maybe he's a bit of a 'national treasure' in their eyes, but some of his comments these days are cringingly bad. I thought Clive Tyldesley was very harshly treated when ITV "relegated" him, because he's okay in my book. He's cleared off to CBS Sports now. A far superior commentator to Martin Tyler anyway.

As a female, I have to agree that the female commentators are appalling. Vicky Sparks especially grates on me but also Karen Carney sounded like a robot with her flat, monotone drivel. It is definitely box ticking and seems to be infiltrating more and more. Bring back Barry Davies!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’ve heard some terrible. pundits/presenters/commentators in my time but I’ve never heard any of them been referred to by ‘the male commentator’.
    What's your point? If I knew her name then I would have referred to her by that, in the old days I would have just said commentator, but I was narrowing it down by saying female, pretty obvious really. To be honest in my opinion non of the female commentators are a touch on the Motson's, Brian Moore etc.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    What's your point? If I knew her name then I would have referred to her by that, in the old days I would have just said commentator, but I was narrowing it down by saying female, pretty obvious really. To be honest in my opinion non of the female commentators are a touch on the Motson's, Brian Moore etc.
    You should have said "the commentator who menstruates".

The genie is now out of the bottle. As annoying as a screeching female commentary is, how can you now stop using them?

My wife agrees that a woman's voice is not as good at raised commentary as a man's when it comes to an exciting(!!!) bit. Slower paced games like bowls or certain athletic events might be more suitable to a gentle female voice - but not football.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Beware the The PC brigade?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    The genie is now out of the bottle. As annoying as a screeching female commentary is, how can you now stop using them?
    l.
    Possible solutions.
    Put women commentators on the red button.
    Women commentate on the women's game, men on the men's.
    Declare MOTD as a "safe space" for men.
    Replace all women commentators with men who identify as women, including Matina Tyler, Gail Mowbray, Samantha Matterface and Claire Tyldesley, hosted by Rachel Keys and Andrea Gray.

Commentary should be linked to its audience. Netball needs female commendatory. Hockey and Badminton are 50:50. Rugby League is monsters. Football is 97% male 3% female. Simple stuff politically correct and wont make any headlines. YOU have to suffer her just as you have to suffer Jenas and if Jenas was a female.....!

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    I cannot bare listening to these new commentators especially the one being referred to.
    We know why this is happening, but if I tell it how it is I would then be shot down by the PC police.
    Keep your clothes on, MeOldLaner, the commentary will be more comfortable.

It's the BBC what do people expect??

I don't watch MOTD, haven't done for years. I just can't relate to it these days.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast