+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- MOTD Commentary

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    What's your point? If I knew her name then I would have referred to her by that, in the old days I would have just said commentator, but I was narrowing it down by saying female, pretty obvious really. To be honest in my opinion non of the female commentators are a touch on the Motson's, Brian Moore etc.
    My point is that I very much doubt you’d have started a new thread about a relatively obscure Sunday night match to slag off the commentator if he were a bloke. And your last sentence confirms this.

By not naming her and describing her as the ‘female commentator’ you’ve invited others to come in and have a go at female commentators in general rather than this individual, which is probably the idea of the thread. Would you have started a thread about a ‘black commentator’? I hope you wouldn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    The genie is now out of the bottle. As annoying as a screeching female commentary is, how can you now stop using them?

My wife agrees that a woman's voice is not as good at raised commentary as a man's when it comes to an exciting(!!!) bit. Slower paced games like bowls or certain athletic events might be more suitable to a gentle female voice - but not football.
    You cant alter it but they are mainly on the BBC to my knowledge BT/Sky are all male.

Most of them are rubbish like someone mentioned above Martin Tyler he is well past his best.

You should have the option of watching a game with crowd noise when fans are back with nobody on commentary ....its not like I need them anyway they never add any value and talk sh*t most of the match anyway.

Did anyone used to listen to the Fanzone on Sky instead of the usual main commentary option?

Some were painful to listen , others were great entertainment and a refreshing change for a time.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    My point is that I very much doubt you’d have started a new thread about a relatively obscure Sunday night match to slag off the commentator if he were a bloke. And your last sentence confirms this.

By not naming her and describing her as the ‘female commentator’ you’ve invited others to come in and have a go at female commentators in general rather than this individual, which is probably the idea of the thread. Would you have started a thread about a ‘black commentator’? I hope you wouldn’t.

In fairness, OP identified the commentator not a male as being amateurish, which as there was one female commentator, I think, is sensible. The rest of the stereotypical comments are a different kettle of fish. I have no idea how the non-male commentator self-identifies, so until someone enlightens me I would probably continue to call her a woman, or use her name if I knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    In fairness, OP identified the commentator not a male as being amateurish, which as there was one female commentator, I think, is sensible. The rest of the stereotypical comments are a different kettle of fish. I have no idea how the non-male commentator self-identifies, so until someone enlightens me I would probably continue to call her a woman, or use her name if I knew it.

People who continually go around trying to control what other people think or say have little control over themselves, are easily led, are expert liars, have no self awareness and have the biggest skeletons in the closet, from which they deflect attention by insinuating the worst in other people's character.

You can only be found guilty by somebody you accept to be in a position to judge. The above types are the least qualified. Do not take any notice of them.
    Last edited by upthemaggies; 26-01-2021 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I don’t know what this means.

I don’t know what this means.
    It was aimed at you, not the OP, if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It was aimed at you, not the OP, if that helps.
    No, it doesn’t.

No, it doesn’t.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast