+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- MOTD Commentary

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It would be helpful if you communicated with words rather than silly pictures. Mind you, if your amateur psychology a few posts up is anything to go by, maybe stick to the pictures...

I’d have thought objecting to people slagging off football commentators because they’re women would be fairly uncontroversial, but you can’t win em all.

Some good points made.

The worst of all are the female cricket commentators. No real idea of the game's history as most are too young. The fact is they'll never have experienced playing at the highest level as they can't physically compete. I would lay money that the English women's team wouldn't stand a chance against a South Notts league team nevermind one from the Notts Prem league! I'm all for women's cricket and happy for them to commentate at their level but not to commentate at men's Test level.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    It would be helpful if you communicated with words rather than silly pictures. Mind you, if your amateur psychology a few posts up is anything to go by, maybe stick to the pictures...

I’d have thought objecting to people slagging off football commentators because they’re women would be fairly uncontroversial, but you can’t win em all.
    You remind of that kid in school struggling with his ***uality who would go around accusing everybody else of being gay. You don't need to be a psychologist to work out what your game is. You play the same move over and over again and it says a hell of a lot more about YOU than the numerous forum members on here that you have snidely implied are this-ist or that-ist. Sort your own problems out and quit projecting your guilt trips onto other people.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Some good points made.

The worst of all are the female cricket commentators. No real idea of the game's history as most are too young. The fact is they'll never have experienced playing at the highest level as they can't physically compete. I would lay money that the English women's team wouldn't stand a chance against a South Notts league team nevermind one from the Notts Prem league! I'm all for women's cricket and happy for them to commentate at their level but not to commentate at men's Test level.
    Good afternoon Geoff Boycott !

You remind of that kid in school struggling with his ***uality who would go around accusing everybody else of being gay. You don't need to be a psychologist to work out what your game is. You play the same move over and over again and it says a hell of a lot more about YOU than the numerous forum members on here that you have snidely implied are this-ist or that-ist. Sort your own problems out and quit projecting your guilt trips onto other people.
    Huh? I think you’re reading too much into what’s written on a football message board.

If people don’t want to be accused of racism or ***ism it might be an idea not to write things that are racist or ***ist.

Huh? I think you’re reading too much into what’s written on a football message board. .
    No. It's you that is doing that, constantly, and who the **** do you think you are to decide what or who is racist or ***ist?

No. It's you that is doing that, constantly, and who the **** do you think you are to decide what or who is racist or ***ist?
    I didn’t first mention the word ***ism in this thread, you did. Though how would you describe not liking a female commentator because she’s a woman?

I didn’t first mention the word ***ism in this thread, you did. Though how would you describe not liking a female commentator because she’s a woman?
    Why would I want to do that? It's allowed and people are complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Some good points made.

CMJ? John Arlott? Henry Blofeld? Can’t remember any of them ‘playing at the highest level’?

Wow, I bet you wet your knickers BFP at the thought of using the words racist and se×ist, you should re read my OP again and try not to get to excited then you'll find nothing se×ist, you just couldn't help yourself bringing race into it could you, your obsessed.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast