+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- MOTD Commentary

O/T:- MOTD Commentary

I tuned into the Everton v Sheffield Wednesday game last night but had to turn over after five minutes, the female commentator was so irritatingly amateurish, how on earth did she land that job ?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-02-2021 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Added omitted Off Topic prefix

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    I tuned into the Everton v Sheffield Wednesday game last night but had to turn over after five minutes, the female commentator was so irritatingly amateurish, how on earth did she land that job ?
    Nails on a blackboard man, couldn't listen myself....her voice is so high pitched too and sounds like she is reading from cue cards... I know we will be branded ***iest for saying it but I couldn't put myself through it.

I cannot bare listening to these new commentators especially the one being referred to.
    We know why this is happening, but if I tell it how it is I would then be shot down by the PC police.

Box ticking is what it's all about now days.

Vicki Sparks.
    I reckon I could tolerate being water boarded longer than having to listen to her. Makes Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music" sound like a collection of children's lullabies or Jermaine Jenas sound like he's delivering JF Kennedu's "Let them come to Berlin" speech.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    I’ve heard some terrible. pundits/presenters/commentators in my time but I’ve never heard any of them been referred to by ‘the male commentator’.

I heard Karen Carney co-commentating on a match the other week and I thought she was good. Decent analysis and a bit of humour and banter with her co-commentator, which usually works.

Carney is good, the best of the female ex-footballers on analysis.

Martin Keown is my least favourite co-commentator, can't stand him. Someone needs to remind him he wasn't as good as he thinks he was. Far too critical.

Most of the main commentators bore you to death

They speak of stats stats stats all the time just shut up talk about the game you are watching nobody cares if Blackpool haven't won at Wrexham since 1973 !

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    I cannot bare listening to these new commentators especially the one being referred to.
    We know why this is happening, but if I tell it how it is I would then be shot down by the PC police.
    My wife insists I mute the sound when they come on so she must be sxist.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast