+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brexit - Can Someone Enlighten Me

Brexit - Can Someone Enlighten Me

I went down the Brexit route but would add:

We have one of the worst records in the World for Coronavirus. Boris too slow with everything - students treated like s hit with no rebates/refunds and flights still arriving from China, India etc etc. Lock down - well they are not lock downs compared to Europe as have friends in Spain and Italy!

Let’s face it most voted Brexit because of the immigration drums banging! What’s Boris done so far? F uck all as he can’t even control those still coming in from across the channel!

U.K. Exports to the EU - absolutely disastrous for our businesses and many U.K. businesses will go bust. We are getting EU customers going mental paying 45 euros on import and tax charges of goods only worth £90. We can’t absorb these costs as can no U.K. businesses and EU customers will just not buy U.K. goods. It’s that simple!

If your not a business being screwed by all these extra charges - don’t care about immigration and our appalling Coronavirus handling - this might not bother you!

So many U.K. businesses will now suffer and some have shut up shop already

The “Frictionless Free Trade Deal” is utter b o l l o x as I’ve stated previously, my business is 80% down this month.

It’s a massive lie.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The “Frictionless Free Trade Deal” is utter b o l l o x as I’ve stated previously, my business is 80% down this month.

It’s a massive lie.

Given it another month - you will be lucky to have a business as will many including us. Does anyone really think customers in the EU will buy from the U.K. and be absolutely clobbered with high import and taxation charges! EU customers will switch their shopping to other countries. Already companies in Ireland are laughing and taking huge advantage of supplying their EU neighbours without huge import and taxation charges.

Perhaps we should move our warehouse to Ireland too!!!

Footfall on the high street risen again as many can’t be bothered with the lock down and many shops bending the rules and opening up. Poundland now open - they have a smattering of food items so classed as essential. No wonder why our deaths from the virus are appalling!

Hold on a minute - you can’t leave the country but any old c unt can still enter!!!

My latest bulk delivery which was due to arrive at Amazon’s warehouse in Germany on Tuesday is at this moment, late on Monday evening.........Stanford Le Hope, E s s e x.

All paperwork etc in perfect order and in the hands of Amazon’s preferred carrier UPS and still it can’t get out.

The Germans in particular are being total c u n t s.

My new BMW is due to arrive in a few days, my first new car in five years but I’m seriously considering cancelling it even though I’ll lose my deposit!

T W A T S!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    My latest bulk delivery which was due to arrive at Amazon’s warehouse in Germany on Tuesday is at this moment, late on Monday evening.........Stanford Le Hope, E s s e x.

All paperwork etc in perfect order and in the hands of Amazon’s preferred carrier UPS and still it can’t get out.

The Germans in particular are being total c u n t s.

My new BMW is due to arrive in a few days, my first new car in five years but I’m seriously considering cancelling it even though I’ll lose my deposit!

T W A T S!!!

UPS are as useful as Sawyers will be against Man City! We are f uckin doomed and seriously considering options on business. So many companies pulling the plug and starting up again writing off millions - but can you blame them

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I went down the Brexit route but would add:

We have one of the worst records in the World for Coronavirus. Boris too slow with everything - students treated like s hit with no rebates/refunds and flights still arriving from China, India etc etc. Lock down - well they are not lock downs compared to Europe as have friends in Spain and Italy!

Let’s face it most voted Brexit because of the immigration drums banging! What’s Boris done so far? F uck all as he can’t even control those still coming in from across the channel!

U.K. Exports to the EU - absolutely disastrous for our businesses and many U.K. businesses will go bust. We are getting EU customers going mental paying 45 euros on import and tax charges of goods only worth £90. We can’t absorb these costs as can no U.K. businesses and EU customers will just not buy U.K. goods. It’s that simple!

If your not a business being screwed by all these extra charges - don’t care about immigration and our appalling Coronavirus handling - this might not bother you!

So many U.K. businesses will now suffer and some have shut up shop already
    I’m not sure what to be annoyed with more, the handling of covid or this balls up of a brexit issue.

One things for sure is, our MSM are not doing enough to highlight these issues and problems faced by us all and the livelihoods it’s impacting.

Why can’t prime ministers Questions Time be done face to face than this pathetic virtual one. I’ve said before, give all our politicians the vaccines so that can really get back to work and be scrutinised properly by the opposition parties. They all do a bad job defending their actions despite notes and answers on their screens in front of them, let see how they manage in reality.

Something needs to be done to overhaul this incompetent bunch of amateurs.

I await 9goals ‘nationalist positivity’ to tell us we are doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    I’m not sure what to be annoyed with more, the handling of covid or this balls up of a brexit issue.

One things for sure is, our MSM are not doing enough to highlight these issues and problems faced by us all and the livelihoods it’s impacting.

Why can’t prime ministers Questions Time be done face to face than this pathetic virtual one. I’ve said before, give all our politicians the vaccines so that can really get back to work and be scrutinised properly by the opposition parties. They all do a bad job defending their actions despite notes and answers on their screens in front of them, let see how they manage in reality.

Something needs to be done to overhaul this incompetent bunch of amateurs.

I await 9goals ‘nationalist positivity’ to tell us we are doing fine.

They are indeed Amateurs Regis. On the points above, I would be the first to admit - I was wrong with how I thought this would pan out. The big problem which was highlighted by 123 - how can you combat 1 against 27! Boris has shown in my book he's completely incompetent - trade to the EU is being crippled with these charges and some companies will go bust. Don't get me going on the handling of Covid as it's been shambolic and having almost the worst death figures in the World prove this! I was speaking to a Consultant today ( Surgeon ) on the Nightingale hospitals and was told - there's hardly enough staff ( illness, resignations due to mental health ) to run the hospitals let alone staff the Nightingale Hospitals. There you have it - from the horses mouth so to speak!

I can't leave the country but thousands still enter daily. Let me think about that for a second - w ankers!

It’s been a month. 1 month since we left an extremely complicated web 40 plus years in the making. Patience. As to attacking Boris for a “poor” response, this is just following the media who can’t ever commend the efforts of the Government but can only attack like a rabid dog. Laura flippin’ keunsburg asking Matt Hancock for a date for lessoning the restrictions. Why? So that when it doesn’t happen exactly at that date she can say “what went wrong you promised” “Do you regret giving a date?” Can’t stand them, bunch of wind up merchants. The Government is doing its best, following advice, doing what’s needed and trying to balance the disease and also the economy. We have it bad over here right now, why do we always look for someone to blame all the time? Things happen in life sometimes despite your best efforts. Nobody will understand exactly how this disease works for years. Like the scientists said “we are all dealing with this on the fly”

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    It’s been a month. 1 month since we left an extremely complicated web 40 plus years in the making. Patience. As to attacking Boris for a “poor” response, this is just following the media who can’t ever commend the efforts of the Government but can only attack like a rabid dog. Laura flippin’ keunsburg asking Matt Hancock for a date for lessoning the restrictions. Why? So that when it doesn’t happen exactly at that date she can say “what went wrong you promised” “Do you regret giving a date?” Can’t stand them, bunch of wind up merchants. The Government is doing its best, following advice, doing what’s needed and trying to balance the disease and also the economy. We have it bad over here right now, why do we always look for someone to blame all the time? Things happen in life sometimes despite your best efforts. Nobody will understand exactly how this disease works for years. Like the scientists said “we are all dealing with this on the fly”
    Laura Keunsberg (however she’s spelt) really is a pain in the neck; I think she only got the job because the woke BBC wanted a woman in the role. I don’t have an issue with there being a woman in that role per se, but I think that I’m right in remembering that Robert Peston was with the BBC and was in pole position for that news role; after Laura K was handed it, Peston moved to ITV. Robert Peston is a far better political editor than Laura K.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Had to laugh at the ‘The Government is doing its best, following advice’

You seriously are joking right? Priti the other day said we should have locked down 3 weeks before we should have last March. Boris missed how many Cobra meetings?

You may think I am following the headlines, i’m not. Covid is hampering the lives of many, 10 odd months into this and we have not got a handle on it.

When Mat Hancock said the other day that there are currently 73 known cases with the new variant and that they are being ‘closely observed’. What does this exactly mean? Just 73 people self isolating or 73 locked in a gov quarantined unit?

I think we both will know what these 73 people are doing, will we?

I doubt that you are actually in business yourself Boingy, so for a laymen to come on here to tell us it will be okay, is a bit rich. Unless you know what goes on, you should probably refrain from making these positive statements. Just read above how 2 posters plus me on here are talking about how much of an impact this is having.

I by now means here to pick you out on this Boingy on these matters, but you really need to understand the scale of problems every day people are having.
    Last edited by regis80; 26-01-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)