+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gayle - ASM

Gayle - ASM

Interesting video doing the rounds on twitter.

ASM talking to the camera and Gayle walks past, then Dwight Gayle in a sarcastic tone "the saviour is back" towards ASM.

ASM doesn't look to impressed, then Atsu says something and ASM akwardly laughs.

Now it could be one of several things to my mind.

1 - A dig at Bruce, ASM laughs akwardly because he doesn't want to get caught up in it.
    2 - A dig at ASM, hence the not looking impressed.
    3 - A dig at Bruce but ASM doesn't realise until Atsu explains in French.

Either way, it's not a good look and I'd say the squad is now properly riven into groups.

You got a link, Jammy?

From a 'professional' point of view alone, the players can't be happy with what they're experiencing on the training pitch and the roles they're being asked to play in games. Most of them were coached by Rafa and his team so they'll be looking at what Mrs Doubtfire is getting them to do and they must be thinking 'what the actual fuck'? Plus they'll be embarrassed by the way we're setting up and playing game after game and by the things pundits and commentators are saying about them.

That's all bound to make fallouts inevitable and Gayle running his mouth like that when he would have known it would get out maybe shows that things are worse than we realise amongst the squad.

https://twitter.com/StevenNUFC/statu...72577009922048

Hopefully this works.

Edit: It did not.

Edit: Take 2.

Some interessting comments as well.

yeah i saw that earlier , it didn't look good, it looked like an under handed dig disguised as banter to me.
    if it was, then the dressing room is split, i don't believe any of them are playing for Bruce anyway

Dwight Gayle goes past and says "the saviour is back"

Saint Maximin looked embarrassed more than anything, he didnt laugh until Atsu walked past and called him Jesus
    Last edited by TANYA_; 25-01-2021 at 10:09 PM.

Cheers, Jammy.

It doesn't look good...the comment is taking the piss out of either ASM or Bruce...possibly both...and not in a 'football banter' type of way.

Maybe ASM didn't understand what was being said, or found out a bit late?

I experienced this a lot living in England as a foreigner; sometimes you only get what was said after you have had the chance to compute it for a number of seconds, especially if it's not a straighforward comment or a question.

Hoping Gayle starts tonight alongside Wilson but suppose we will get Carroll leading the line again

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)