+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Aston Villa Match Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

they dropped a couple - united and city - beat a poor Newcastle...not conceded many goals and are a very capable team...but if we can fluke it against Liverpool - then it shouldn't but then - just maybe.

As the worlds worst predictor of the way games will finish I shall continue this vein with a 1-1 draw tonight

Heading into tonight’s game Villa have scored 31 goals while only conceding 18. For Burnley the corresponding figures are scored 10 and conceded 22. As we shipped 5 against Manchester City, 4 against Leicester and 3 at Newcastle that leaves just 10 conceded in our other 16 League fixtures this season. The real problem for the Clarets is the lack of goals. We are joint lowest scorers in the division with Sheffield United. To beat Villa tonight I think we may well need to score 2 goals and we have only managed that twice this season away at Leicester and then home to Wolves. Chris Wood is currently our leading marksman with 3 and has a good record against Villa. It would be hard to leave out Barnes after his barnstorming performance at Anfield. Time for our midfield to chip in?

New signing at Villa, doesn't say if he will be playing though. Probably on the bench.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/jan...to-join-Villa/

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Heading into tonight’s game Villa have scored 31 goals while only conceding 18. For Burnley the corresponding figures are scored 10 and conceded 22. As we shipped 5 against Manchester City, 4 against Leicester and 3 at Newcastle that leaves just 10 conceded in our other 16 League fixtures this season. The real problem for the Clarets is the lack of goals. We are joint lowest scorers in the division with Sheffield United. To beat Villa tonight I think we may well need to score 2 goals and we have only managed that twice this season away at Leicester and then home to Wolves. Chris Wood is currently our leading marksman with 3 and has a good record against Villa. It would be hard to leave out Barnes after his barnstorming performance at Anfield. Time for our midfield to chip in?
    Outwood --you also forgot that we conceded 3 against Chelsea. Ben Mee did not play against Leicester, Newcastle and Chelsea and in the 12 games he has been back in the PL we have scored 7 and conceded 10 and 5 of those were against City.
    Not a bad record really and Ben scored the winner in one of those 12 games.
    Very hard game tonight but could be very tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Outwood --you also forgot that we conceded 3 against Chelsea. Ben Mee did not play against Leicester, Newcastle and Chelsea and in the 12 games he has been back in the PL we have scored 7 and conceded 10 and 5 of those were against City.
    Not a bad record really and Ben scored the winner in one of those 12 games.
    Very hard game tonight but could be very tight.
    Hell yes I forgot the home defeat to Chelsea. Hope I am not going gaga. Taking the Chelsea defeat into account that leaves just 7 goals conceded in our other 14. I even got the number of fixtures wrong in my original post. We have only played 18. Medics!

We are off attacking the Cricket end

Corner vile. . . . . . . . Konsa heads over the bar

Cross from Westwood keeper gathers

Sh!t back pass from Brady to their keeper, I suppose it was a cross

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)