+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gills game

This is a absolutely awful! We can't seem to get out of our half. We're so predictable. Beckles having another nightmare. Both full-backs look afraid of having the ball. Having Porter all on his own 50 yards from the ball is a waste. A game where we can't afford the luxury of Finney doing nothing.

Sounds like Finney doing nothing might be preferable to Beckles doing something though.

Several players gone missing. Are Wintle and Kirk playing?

Also major tactical blunder by DA in playing two inexperienced full-backs against a wily manager like this one.

Now we've just missed our second sitter.

Amazing what happens when we attack.

Just looked at the highlights and cannot believe how bad we were.

Its just a theory of mine that when someone leaves for a bigger club on probably 5-10 times the wages it seems to affect the energy and purpose of the rest of the squad and especially if some think they are going and then they don't etc. I know Perry isn't a Dean Ashton but when he left in the Jan transfer window for Norwich we never won another game except one and my memory isn't what it was but think that win was the last game of the season and we needed to win to stay up...and then we had to rely on others as well but I don't think that will happen this time but it can be unsettling and so fingers crossed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12