+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gills game

Gills game

Looking forward to seeing Billy Jones. Thought he had an excellent game on Saturday, Could there be changes to our midfield? For me playing Finney and Lowery together does not work. Is the solution to make a choice of one of them? Not my decision.

Like Gazan I find Finney so annoying. Yes he regularly scores ***** goals, but otherwise his contribution to the game is virtually non-existent. Do you select him for his goals? Or do you go for Lowery who had 2 very good assists in the Bristol game, however his defensive contribution is poor?

Have to say I am struggling to understand the posts questioning Wintle`s recent displays. In recent games when our opponents attack our midfield disappears leaving Wintle in a lose lose situation. Which side does he cover, the left or the right? Most times he has no alternative but to fall back hoping that between him and the back four they can stifle the attack and start a counter attack. The fact is we have no other player in our squad who has anywhere near his talent. That also applies to most teams in League1.

I can't see that anyone could claim anything negative about Wintle's ability. He has been slightly below par lately, though! Perhaps he's getting antsy about all the transfer talk concerning other people and not himself!

Worried about tonight's game. We've been struggling to perform the last few games and the weather is not going to help. Pretty sure the heavy roller won't have been out from tonight's opponents. Last time we played them Okinde bullied Offord to score the only goal of the game despite us having 75% of the play. I don't know if Harry is playing but if he isn't, then Charlie will seriously have to up his game to compensate. We have to create chances because Finney is scoring and Mandron/Porter will finish but too often the breakdown comes with the final ball.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the score was a repeat of the home game and we lost 1-0

I too am pessimistic about tonight. The only heavy roller in evidence is likely to be their manager!

Conflicted, too, about whether to select an attacking side to expose their shortcomings or a more pragmatic set up to not get bullied. On reflection I’ll settle for the latter, with Murphy for Lowery - Finney may be less than reliable at the moment but can we leave out our leading scorer? Especially with Mandron doubtful. If Pixie is unfit I wouldn’t be surprised to see a more experienced LB... albeit one that usually plays CB... or maybe Jones there and TJ at RB.

Either way, I reckon we’ll lose 2-1 and hope to be proved completely wrong!!

No Billy Jones! No Pickering. No loanees at all! What's going on?

No Jones in the squad even! At least our 2 CBs are a bit bigger this time around, but by initial pessimism just got worse.

Anyone got commentary?

NO.
    Whats happened to our flowing football? Too interested in playing backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Anyone got commentary?
    Its on BBC Radio Stoke now on DAB and FM and that will change at 7pm when it will be just on DAB..

2-0 down and playing poorly by the sounds..

All going tits up, as they say. Still, better to get it all out of the system in one match I suppose!!!

That half was terrible. Gillingham were most dangerous when we had the ball in space in our own half. Always looking to pass the ball backwards or sideways to a marked player. We were totally responsible for our own downfall there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast