Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: O/T for you cooks

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19,526

    O/T for you cooks

    actually got my hands on 6 cans of San Marzano tomatoes today. £2 a can. looking forward to making some amazing sauces and pizza toppings. tomatoes are D.O.P.
    any of you lot had them?
    maybe scum. but not holding out for the rest of you.😁
    Last edited by CAMiller; 26-01-2021 at 03:54 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    17,429
    Didn't you have some seeds last year Crash? Did you manage to grow your own?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    actually got my hands on 6 cans of San Marzano tomatoes today. £2 a can. looking forward to making some amazing sauces and pizza toppings. tomatoes are D.O.P.
    any of you lot had them?
    maybe scum. but not holding out for the rest of you.😁
    Where from?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,121
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    actually got my hands on 6 cans of San Marzano tomatoes today. £2 a can. looking forward to making some amazing sauces and pizza toppings. tomatoes are D.O.P.
    any of you lot had them?
    maybe scum. but not holding out for the rest of you.😁
    Absolutely Crash ! I like those Tomatoes at three cans for a quid and a tube of Tomato Purée for my pizza toppings !

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,276
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    actually got my hands on 6 cans of San Marzano tomatoes today. £2 a can. looking forward to making some amazing sauces and pizza toppings. tomatoes are D.O.P.
    any of you lot had them?
    maybe scum. but not holding out for the rest of you.😁
    Yes mate. I get them off Amazon. A bit more expensive than that.

    Happy cooking.

    On another note. Do you use the toxic pink salt when brining brisket?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Yes mate. I get them off Amazon. A bit more expensive than that.

    Happy cooking.

    On another note. Do you use the toxic pink salt when brining brisket?
    no cure salt for meat 1 kg off ebay abourlt 7 quid. use 100gramms per kg of meat.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Where from?
    hello@souschef.co.uk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19,526
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Didn't you have some seeds last year Crash? Did you manage to grow your own?
    got scammed with seeds. just normal tomato seeds 😨

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •