+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Misleading statements that perpetuate the panic

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    What happened to their tourist trade and airports? I would have expected them to close almost completely.
    With life back to normal in Australia after successful lockdowns, I'd imagine the people who would normally go abroad are staying at home, spending their money around Australia. It's a big place, lots of people fly internally.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Don't understand the thinking behind the airport decision to make people stay in a hotel for 10 days for £1500. We have flights booked for July. Seems a bit harsh if we have to stump up an additional £1500 on top of our holiday costs.
    I don't expect to go abroad again b cram.

Interesting that you were confident enough to book flights.

Australia has a huge amount of restrictions still in place with not much intention of lifting them.

Back to normal there is not "normal" at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I don't expect to go abroad again b cram.

Interesting that you were confident enough to book flights.

Australia has a huge amount of restrictions still in place with not much intention of lifting them.

Back to normal there is not "normal" at all.

So we get another Perugia(unlikely i know) you are no going.
    Good ane.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    So we get another Perugia(unlikely i know) you are no going.
    Good ane.
    No I don't think I would......not that I wouldn't want to but future restrictions will stop me from travelling.

I also think football fans "travelling" to games in mass numbers may be a thing of the past.

Dabs should be ok, they had 33 and the bus driver in Gothenburg.

No I don't think I would......not that I wouldn't want to but future restrictions will stop me from travelling.

I also think football fans "travelling" to games in mass numbers may be a thing of the past.

Dabs should be ok, they had 33 and the bus driver in Gothenburg.
    ffs bud is it no depressing enough without yer doomsday scenario,yer making jdfc look like micky flanagan!!

ffs bud is it no depressing enough without yer doomsday scenario,yer making jdfc look like micky flanagan!!
    Just the way I see it.

It's no as if I've been right with a few things up to now.

Honestly think travel will become ubber expensive, insurance same, no travel without face covering (rules me out), no travel without vaccination rules Mrs sunshine out, no travel without a negative test a few hours before....that's a lot of money for a family to risk.

Can also see countries blocking entry for anyone with a respiratory illness.

Other folk book flights and are planning hols, different strokes.

Might buy a mobile home and be ane of those annoying ****s clogging up traffic.😁

Just the way I see it.

It's no as if I've been right with a few things up to now.

Honestly think travel will become ubber expensive, insurance same, no travel without face covering (rules me out), no travel without vaccination rules Mrs sunshine out, no travel without a negative test a few hours before....that's a lot of money for a family to risk.

Can also see countries blocking entry for anyone with a respiratory illness.

Other folk book flights and are planning hols, different strokes.

Might buy a mobile home and be ane of those annoying ****s clogging up traffic.😁
    Doesna really add up though,spanish flu killed far far more people we recovered and moved on.Covid allegedly has killed less than 5% of those died with that flu yet you reckon the millions will be restricted for the future.

People wont stand for it,everyone has a breaking point,these rules would trigger it ive no doubt.

Doesna really add up though,spanish flu killed far far more people we recovered and moved on.Covid allegedly has killed less than 5% of those died with that flu yet you reckon the millions will be restricted for the future.

People wont stand for it,everyone has a breaking point,these rules would trigger it ive no doubt.
    None of it adds up Eric, none of it.

I 100% think we will be under tier systems permanently and lockdown or threat of lockdown every winter.

I doubt very much we will see any form of gatherings (concerts football, etc) this calendar year.

I hope everyone has a breaking point but the problem is a lot of people in Scotland prefer living like this. There are people being paid good salaries for very little now.

Said right at the beggining when politicians have the power they are unlikely to give that power up.

Wee example of how ingrained this is.

Was at Asda click and collect this morning.

Young lad, no more than 20, asks how I'm doing as I'm putting stuff in car.

Usual reply ok under circs.

He then says "hopefully if people continue to behave we can have some normality next year"

Behave.....🙄......some normality.....🙄.......next year......🙄

He's 20 ish ffs.....just seems to some people want to be controlled.

Education minister has just as I typed refused to rule out lockdown next Autumn.

Education minister has just as I typed refused to rule out lockdown next Autumn.
    I rek pubs,restaurants will be open in a few months regardless of the govt,like to think more people will understand the govt have no clear solution so why not start living again.
    Hope so

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)