+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Misleading statements that perpetuate the panic

Misleading statements that perpetuate the panic

Guy on STV News just announced that (in the UK) 'Corona Virus is now responsible for over 100,000 deaths'.

No it's not, it's connected with over 100,000 deaths - there's a massive difference.

"The ONS statistics are those with covid mentioned on their death certificate. It dosent mean they were infected because many of them haven't been tested"

Who said that? Deeranged, Islay, me, Mr Hitchens, Lord Sumption, any of the great Barrington signees?

No.....Sir Patrick Vallance 16/4/20

Don't understand the thinking behind the airport decision to make people stay in a hotel for 10 days for £1500. We have flights booked for July. Seems a bit harsh if we have to stump up an additional £1500 on top of our holiday costs.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Don't understand the thinking behind the airport decision to make people stay in a hotel for 10 days for £1500. We have flights booked for July. Seems a bit harsh if we have to stump up an additional £1500 on top of our holiday costs.
    Australia did it from the start. Where are they now?

New Zealand did from the start, my ex neighbour lives in New Zealand, and leads a normal life.
    Last week there was a pop concert, we are a long way from that happening.

Was up at Perth royal infirmary for follow up appt today.

Anyway got in discussion with the doc 're what's going on (he actually instigated it) and we had very similar viewpoints.

He ain't very impressed with GPs or Ninewells but he also said...."the cancers that will have went from stage 1 to stage 2 or 3 during this time with no treatment or referral, politicians just don't seem to see it"

I really wasn't expecting him to be so critical of policy and other parts of NHS.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Was up at Perth royal infirmary for follow up appt today.

Anyway got in discussion with the doc 're what's going on (he actually instigated it) and we had very similar viewpoints.

He ain't very impressed with GPs or Ninewells but he also said...."the cancers that will have went from stage 1 to stage 2 or 3 during this time with no treatment or referral, politicians just don't seem to see it"

I really wasn't expecting him to be so critical of policy and other parts of NHS.
    And people with niggling complaints that don't want to bother their GPs or the hospitals so will just put up with them because the TV says they're all stressed. Who knows how many preventable fatalities or serious illnesses that's gonna cause down the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    And people with niggling complaints that don't want to bother their GPs or the hospitals so will just put up with them because the TV says they're all stressed. Who knows how many preventable fatalities or serious illnesses that's gonna cause down the line?
    How many of the excess deaths these last 10 11 months are due to the above.....we will never really know.

P.s. I was barked at by a receptionist 're masks today but she accepted "I'm exempt" without further interrogation.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Australia did it from the start. Where are they now?
    What happened to their tourist trade and airports? I would have expected them to close almost completely.

100,000 was 10 days ago. Since then a further 13,000 people have been hit by buses within 28 days of a positive covid test.

Sorry, meant to say expendables, not people, as per 'Lord' Sumption.
    Last edited by Taintedice; 27-01-2021 at 12:23 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)