+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This would truly truly scare me

I have had operations and various procedures and I have been very lucky. I was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer but had wonderful treatment and have beaten it. The preparation for the actual treatment I received was embarrassing at first but I soon got used to it. Once I went in to have a CT scan. There were four female radiographers there. One of these young ladies told me to take my trousers off. I was used to that by then but still felt a bit self conscious. Who wouldn’t be parading around in front of young ladies like that? I got up on to the table and one of them pulled my pants down and proceeded to take an ultra sound over an area where I had shaved off a strip of pubic hair. I had too much in my bladder and twice had to go behind the curtain to piss in a bottle. I was given four little tattoos and had various things drawn on my person. I still managed to have a bit banter all through the process and when it was finished and I had regained a semblance of dignity I said to one of the girls as I followed her out of the room “For god’s sake where is the way out? I am desperate for a cup of coffee”.

A few days later I went to have what are called golden seeds inserted in my prostate. I was told to bend over and something was shoved up my ar5e. It was antibiotic tablet. Then the doc appeared who was going to insert the seeds with some long implement. I bared my ar5e and got into position. I should say at this point I am epileptic and at times I am known to make unusual noises. Well this doc was just about to shove whatever it was up where the sun don't shine when I bellowed loudly like a startled elephant. I looked over my shoulder and will never forget the startled look on his face. I cannot speak in such circumstances but when my head cleared a little I pointed to my wristband and he looked a little relieved.

I have also had eye operations and procedures on my ball5. Happy days!

I would advise anybody to regularly get checked for prostate. Same with with bowel cancer. I have been checked three or four times (last time yesterday) and it is not invasive.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOP115 View Post
    Absolutely love Micky Flanagan best bit here could have been a finger could have been a pedal bin

I have often wondered if the camera they put down your throat is the same camera they stick up your arse.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I have often wondered if the camera they put down your throat is the same camera they stick up your arse.
    You could’ve waited a couple of weeks to post that thanks Des 🤣🤣🤣

I know this isn’t a medical reply, but the title thread ‘This would truly truly scare me’ is apt for what I have just read on another forum, the poster said he would be pleased to have Tony Pulis back....aaaaargh the pain, nurse the screens please😩

I've got glaucoma and it makes me shudder to think of operation on my eyes.
    Got the same fear of dentists and yet i've had 5 operations on my legs and knees whilst I was awake and even when I had my big toe I wanted to watch it.
    I broke a wisdom tooth last week and wife caught me looking DIY dentistry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)