+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Morgan Sanson

Morgan Sanson

Looks promising. Something tells me he is a replacement for Dougie in the summer. Maybe even this week, though I very much doubt it.

Hopefully, we’re safe now, so integrate him till May, before Dougie scuttles back to citeh.

From the clip I saw of him he plays further forward than Dougie and Barkley isn't going to be able to play every game

If Dougie is here after 1st June the buy back clause has gone. I'm sure Man city will not spend 35mill for someone to sit on the bench even though megga rich. I'm hearing We have been prepping a new 5 year contract for him. Anyway, i'm sure its a first refusal with a price as agreed not a buy back but if we do not want to sell, then thats a different story! Dougie will stay with us, I am sure. I'm thinking hes a replacement for Barks. The new Chelsea man may want him back? After all, he is only on loan!

Hope you're right Dave, but I'm sure it's an agreed 'buy-back', not a first refusal.

Yes, we get hearsay but none of us know any details. Lets just hope at the end of the day its down to the player!

I can’t see where he fits into our existing central midfield at the moment so I expect Dave in right and he is seen as a replacement for Barks when he goes back to Chelsea. It suggests we have been given a strong indication that he is wanted back there.

Ross Barkley is a quality player however he is “high maintenance”

Injury Club Games out
    20/21 Hamstring Villa 9
    20/21 Ill Chelsea 2
    19/20 Foot Injury Chelsea 2
    19/20 Foot Injury Chelsea 11
    17/18 Hamstring Chelsea 9
    17/18 Hamstring Everton 29
    14/15 Ligament Everton 12
    Total 74

In fact I seem to recall he was out for 5 weeks after he sustained an injury on “A Question of Sport”

I always thought that Dougie was a replacement for Fernandinho, who is at the end of his contract

I think he is here to act firstly as cover across the midfield, then depending on how he plays and how the Luis/Barkley situations go we might have a 433 with Luis, SJM, Sanson, with SJ, Watkins and any one from ross/traore/anwar in front of them, those three in midfield give us strength, reasonable pace and they can all pick a pass and shoot from distance, if I was a back four facing that I wouldnt have a clue which one to kick first. On the Luis situation I thought the deal with City is IF he wants to go or If we choose to sell, they have the right to first refusal and probably at a pre agreed price, but as TD says, we only hear what we are told by so called ITK journos and wannabees! Bon Chance morgan.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)