+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Cardiff City Match Thoughts

Barnsley v Cardiff City Match Thoughts

Well with new manager Mick Mac onboard and the indian sign over us going back more years than I care to remember Cardiff City look to be in pole position to claim the three points tomorrow night .

Well this isn't like any other season is it ?

I'm pretty certain Val doesn't care too much for four successive league defeats and we looked to be getting back to our best last Saturday in the cup against Norwich .

We know pretty much what to expect from Cardiff , I doubt their style of play has changed in over a decade , the last three managers , Warnock , Harris and now Mick Mac ..... hmmm .... it could be a battle !!!! .

I think we could be seeing Morris start tomorrow alongside Woodrow and Chaplin with Solly returning in defence and Walton in goal but you never quite know with Val .

We could lump it tomorrow night too and then we might play some football like we did last Saturday .

Clearly if we don't know then neither does Mick Mac , which suits me fine with that cunning bugga .

I'm not sure Barnsley will be playing as much football as they were allowed by a weakened Norwich team last Setdi.

I would luvvit if Macca were our manager here.

Dour game. 0-0 fo me.

Dun't forget it's a 7-00pm kick off. Not on Sky Red Button but goals as they happen on Gillette Soccer Special.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 26-01-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Ar think ittul be a dour game too. Psychologically these ev got edge on us theres no doubt abart that but they evva new manager so things could be different from Harris' rough and tumble style. Tough one to call

Pay a tenner lads on ifollow worth every penny to support our great historic club. Plenty of free links out there but save those away days.

Meanwhile Macca says in this report:

BARNSLEY PREVIEW | MICK

Mick McCarthy held a pre-match press conference ahead of Wednesday evening’s trip to Barnsley.

The fixture sees the Bluebirds travel to Mick’s hometown to face his first side in a match you can watch live on Cardiff City TV.

The City boss began by praising the squad’s efforts in training ahead of his opening Bluebirds match.

“You often get a bounce from a new manager for whatever reason,” he said. “The players have been great at the training ground; I’ve been really pleased.

“Training has been excellent and I’ve enjoyed it but it’s playing games and getting points that will determine the reaction and how good it’s been.

“We’ve got to start getting results and if we do that, I do believe we’ve got the quality in the team, once we’ve got that confidence.

“We'll need a very high energy, powerful performance if we can, and we’ll certainly have to have that against Barnsley.”

The mid-table Tykes go into the contest off the back of an FA Cup victory over league leaders, Norwich City. Indeed, City are under no illusions of the challenge lying in wait at Oakwell, as Mick explained.

“Barnsley will be a real test for us," he continued. "I watched them beat Norwich on Saturday in the FA Cup. They’re a real high energy team, a high press and get after the opposition.

"We need a real solid performance and only on the back of that will we get confidence back.

“I’m not bothered who you’re playing in the Championship, you never look at it and think it will be easy. I don’t expect to experience that now and we’ll have to get through it with a real togetherness and hard work.”

With his opening games seeing him face the two sides where he began his playing and managerial careers, Mick added: “We’ve got Barnsley, Millwall and then Bristol City where TC was.

“It’s my hometown and I love the place, but I want to go back there and win, believe me.”

I’m going for 1-1.

Perfect game for Morris to show us what he's made of. Playing in the right position though obviously

Big game in that we need to bounce back from the recent league defeats, 3 points and a good performance please lads !

I would certainly start with Morris in the middle of a front 3 Woodrow and Adeboy either side for me

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Pay a tenner lads on ifollow worth every penny to support our great historic club. ”
    I will consider paying into the BFC Budget via iFollow the moment Conway pays a penny of his own money into the club either as a gift or a loan. This "good businessman" is having to be taken to a Money Claims Court to pay the agreed amounts and at the agreed schedule he promised when he agreed to purchase the club.
    Conway is laughing his c0ck off at persuading 7500 to buy Season Tickets to avoid any contribution from his own pocket. In the meantime he is scouring Europe seeking to purchase other clubs. A first class arseoyle.

It will be a tough game tonight, we dont seem to do too well against them, home or away.
    Throw a new manager into the mix and I will take a point but it would be great to nick a win, payback for the away match.
    As someone else said they would like to see Morris given a start, so would I but I would also play Chaplin and Woodrow, using Vic as an impact sub. Also I hope we get the ball down and play a bit, theres little wind today so should be conducive to a passing game.

Mowatts last home game perhaps?

As for SB's post above, I totally agree, they have had nowt out of me for months and months and it will stay that way until I see positive changes. Im not holding my breath though.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I will consider paying into the BFC Budget via iFollow the moment Conway pays a penny of his own money into the club either as a gift or a loan. This "good businessman" is having to be taken to a Money Claims Court to pay the agreed amounts and at the agreed schedule he promised when he agreed to purchase the club.
    Conway is laughing his c0ck off at persuading 7500 to buy Season Tickets to avoid any contribution from his own pocket. In the meantime he is scouring Europe seeking to purchase other clubs. A first class arseoyle.

Absolutely reight SB. It's a two way street in my eyes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast