+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Barnsley v Cardiff City Match Thoughts

Or sack a manager pay him compo and then employ another high profile expensive replacement.

Where has common sense and financial responsibility gone. Ridiculous situation

BBC Sports:

Barnsley boss Valerien Ismael said:

"It's clear to see that we're on the right path at the moment. We controlled the game and took the fight to them.

"If you give Cardiff a set-piece, then it's like giving away a penalty and they're very difficult to defend.

"We fought hard but lost the control of the game. Cardiff came from nowhere and we made mistakes.

"It's a mixed feeling tonight. We need to be more clinical but it's another learning process for the guys."

Cardiff boss Mick McCarthy told BBC Sport Wales:

"I'm delighted with the point today. We can all learn a little bit from a committed and determined Barnsley.

"The way we came back and responded, I'd say we fought fire with fire.

"We will only succeed together, and we showed a real willingness tonight to get a point out of the game. Hopefully the result will give them a shot of confidence.

"There are parts of the game that Barnsley dominated, but I have to give my players real credit for fighting back.

"It was such a tough game and they all had to stand up to it. We scrapped out a really good point today."

Barnsley Chronicle
    @ChronOnline
    Barnsley head coach Valerien Ismael says referee Andy Woolmer admitted to him that he made a mistake by awarding a corner to Cardiff City for their 'turning point' first goal in a 2-2 draw at Oakwell on Wednesday.

Going to keep this short and sweet because those kind of games happen and we didn't get beaten. However, MASSIVE grumbles about the following;
    1. Collin's keeping his place. He's poor at marshalling his box and it showed (especially for the second goal).
    2. Why on gods earth was Sibbick marking Moore on every set piece? He was their biggest aerial threat and should have been marked by Helic / Anderson. Coaches/management should see that a mile off.
    3. Referee was dog s**t!! He always is whenever I've seen him.

On to the weekend . . .

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Sky reporting that its hoofball from both teams and the match is likely to be won by the team who win most second balls.

Hope those that have paid to watch are enjoying it but it sounds awful according to sky.

Good half time score mind.
    Yep - we tried to beat Cardiff by playing Cardiff type tactics.
    Ok - having height and strength at the back is great against their big strikers - but hoofing it straight up field to our relatively small strikers compared to their defenders is the wrong tactic.
    Big Val has to find ways of beating teams that have defenders with basketball physiques.
    After going 2-0 up it now seems like a loss.
    Disappointing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234