+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: St Mirren home

It's enough to make you want to join Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician on the golf course!

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    Soft,short & ****e. Nail on head
    I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but when Butcher plays we are anything but soft.

Butcher and Fuchs is our best cm, its not even a doubt for me despite the love powers gets from some fans

We have been missing both since before the Celtic game

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but when Butcher plays we are anything but soft.

Yip......a bruiser no doubt it

Butcher flying into tackles might be your answer, mine would be to ask the whole team why they do not stand their ground at set pieces, why they are easily pushed off the ball and why opposing players seem to be stronger and always have better starting positions than us when making challenges.
    Yes we can run for 90 mins but big whip, Forest Gump can run for 90 months, means feck all if you can't do the basics.

We may own it post match with interviews with what we did wrong or could do better, sometimes I get a minter reading what players say we are going to do pre-match.

Try owning it during match guys,
    Don't know what Mellon sees in training but for too long now its clear We have little physical strength, we have little mental strength, we have little presence.

Time to wake up Mickey, sending them for a long run and giving them a bowl of broth when they get back isn't the answer mate.

My cup was half full because even draws against teams below us meant they weren't making ground, the cup was thrown last night and needs replaced.

I loved that cup

Simple to solve, eh? Except stand his ground was all Reynolds did last night and the referee saw fit to give a penalty.

MM totally 5hat it at half time last night. He took off our only midfielder who was finding a tangerine shirt because at 0-3 down it's text book stuff to take off the defensive midfielder.

Personally I'd have taken Clark off and put Appere on the left,McNulty on the right and Shankland through the middle and went for it but all these tactics mean fk all when the ref is handing them 2 penalties on a plate and we can't defend set pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    ...all these tactics mean fk all when the ref is handing them 2 penalties on a plate...
    It can't really be overstated the effect this had on the result last night. Before this it was a pretty even entertaining match then the two penalties killed it as a contest.

It can't really be overstated the effect this had on the result last night. Before this it was a pretty even entertaining match then the two penalties killed it as a contest.
    I agree with both your previous posts, but my point is in general about the last god knows how many games, in theory penalties should even out over course of games,
    Not solving the main problems will put us in a position to be unlucky, let's address that, who knows it may actually help get us in a position to win some as well

For the first 20/25mins last night, there was nothing to separate the teams. They probably had the "territory" without having any real chances on our goal. The best chance of the game came from Powers.
    Then they score the typical poor set-piece goal that we seem to concede. I was still confident that we could get back into the game as we weren't playing that bad and it was very even game.
    Then John Beaton took over! Let's face it he got conned for the first one. The softest Penalty you will ever see. Then he gives an equally soft one a few minutes later (Although I can see why that one was at least given). It reminded me of the Cammy Bell game v Dunfermline. Guess who the ref was for that game?! you guessed it BEATON! It totally ruined the game. An even game then looked like a doing and out of reach.

MM then decides to make the completely wrong subby by taking off the only player who was able to keep the ball and throw on a young boy who's hardly played (not his fault). Yeah we got some reaction at the start of the 2nd half but we were never going to be able to sustain it. Harkes scored a good goal (which is frustrating as it shows he can do it) but the game petered out. Got hit on the counter which makes it look like a real doing. By the end I don't think anyone knew what they were doing. Shambles.

Notes
    1. We really need to get a grip with our set pieces For and Against.
    2. Beaton ruined the game but MM's tactics/subbies didn't help. (442 only works with certain players in that shape)
    3. Nicky Clark is not a centre midfielder. Need Butcher and Fuchs back.
    4. Robson has been terrible for a few weeks.
    5. We are in a Dogfight.

It might be good in the long run as it SHOULD! refocus us similar to the killie/rangers games earlier in the season but we all know he will just shut up shop and play for draws again.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)