+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: St Mirren home

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Missed this game, sounds like it was a horror show. I did see the lineup on my FB feed before kick off and honest it's not hindsight to say I thought it was another mistake by the soup chef. Clark and Harkes in midfield is a recipe for disaster. And as others have said it does seem McNulty has not delivered what we hoped.

As the post above says, we need to dig in and hope we can find something. Worrying times, especially if Jeando is not able to play..
    I’ve been a fan of Harkes for a while but the patience is beginning to wear thin. Him and Robson were diabolical (goal apart) on Wednesday—the amount of mis placed passes that put us right under pressure was shocking. Robson needs benched and give Sporle a chance—how much worse could he do? Harkes needs telt to start putting the boot in a bit more— if he’s not creating anything and not breaking up play then what the actual ferk does he do in midfield? f*#king powder puff in that last goal.

One of the bigger indicators to me that there is some level of discontent and/or attitude of having 'given up' is the lack of reaction from management and players to situations.

At the first goal everyone kinda looked around and went 'offs again, maybe I can hide' there was no screaming shouting and responsibility taking.

At the penalties and several shyte refereeing decisions why was the whole team not in the refs face? why can we hear MM and the side crew fart, but not a whimper at these decisions. The team has to learn how to react in the correct aggressive manner and be in an officials face. Not just give up.

I am in general a supporter of MM but he has to take 90% of the responsibility for that result and performance.

Ok ive sobered up after a fairly decent bender that started with the 3rd penalty. TBH the ref should be sacked - pathetic. There is def a ref thing with st mirren and us always has been. Are they wee rangers or something? But apart from ruining a game at least the ref can point to the fact we are p!sh anyway. Not sure on MM BUT we are seriously in trouble money wise so has to be given time. I cant believe im saying this but edwards must start and back 5 is a must. clark isnt a midfielder so some of comments are a bit unfair he plays there because MM picks him there. At this level though he is a sub end of.

Basically thats a championship team that wouldnt win the championship this season anyway. I will accept 10th. on goal difference. i dont care

we need to sell shanks at end of season and benji if we are that fvcked. Get a massive striker like hearts just did. boot it up to him from defence. works for every other team in bottom six.

ah fvck it im on another bender now. I need TheArab to give me some counselling on being a miserable cvnt

You’ve hit the nail on the head S71. We lack a big target man type (Appere for his build is not that sort of player) - a Jon Daly type. McNulty was in reality similar to what we had already in Clark and Shankland. As a result we have no variety and we seem to constantly be trying to play through the middle with one-two after one-two and almost walk it into the net. It’s fine when it works well such as the goals up at Coonty, home to Hamilton and St Johnstone but it’s getting a bit predictable and we have no options to vary it up a bit when we are constantly coming up against a brick wall. Consequently we deliver nothing from the flanks as there is nothing in the centre to deliver to and teams are sussing out that we offer very little threat from crosses out wide.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)