+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millwall bid for Evans

Millwall bid for Evans

Apparently £500k bid turned down from Millwall.... or looking at there Derby’s “B” team!

Thoughts as we onlynallegedly paid £350k and he’s never really played much.....

Better the Devil you know IMO so keep him rather than lose him and recruit worse. Of course the £500k might be too tasty a carrot for the bean counters but as useful for the team I'd keep him

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Better the Devil you know IMO so keep him rather than lose him and recruit worse. Of course the £500k might be too tasty a carrot for the bean counters but as useful for the team I'd keep him
    Exactly. Would have snapped their hand off before Christmas, but he’s been impressive under Rooney recently.
    At the very least he provides much needed and versatile defensive cover and selling him would just leave us having to fill another ‘gap’ with little time to do it.

Started the last 2 games. Very good in the 1st. Subbed at HT in the 2nd but that was down to a change of tactics by Rooney and not down to a poor performance.

I've been negative about the lad on occasions but the way he's played the last 2 games, I'd say keep him unless Rooney knows he can get a better player in this week.

We can't let him go, it would be nuts! Improved with Rooney and couldn't be replaced for a £million never mind half of that. We have to stop throwing money away.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    We can't let him go, it would be nuts! Improved with Rooney and couldn't be replaced for a £million never mind half of that. We have to stop throwing money away.
    Our lesson from (recent) history here is another Millwall transfer, Alex Pearce, absolutely solid citizen who we didn’t even see worthy of keeping as cover, then struggled to replace him

I wouldn't be sad to lose him, but we're just so thin squad wise I don't think it's the right time.

It very much seems as if we are either having to raise funds to buy, or making space on the wage bill to enable some incomings. It does seem a little short sighted given we are thin at the back, but I guess Wisdom and Fozzy can fill in if required.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    It very much seems as if we are either having to raise funds to buy, or making space on the wage bill to enable some incomings. It does seem a little short sighted given we are thin at the back, but I guess Wisdom and Fozzy can fill in if required.
    Wisdom has been Clarke's regular partner since Curtis's injury. Fill in? He has been getting better and better and deserves his place in the starting XI.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Wisdom has been Clarke's regular partner since Curtis's injury. Fill in? He has been getting better and better and deserves his place in the starting XI.
    Absolutely right. Never understood why he wasn’t used as a CD before. Sure that’s where he played for Salzburg and, occasionally, for Liverpool. One of 4 or 5 candidates for player of the season for me so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)