+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'ey up yoof, yer in me seat!

'ey up yoof, yer in me seat!

As we sit here wondering when we will ever be allowed to attend games again I started thinking about the annoying little things that happen when you go to a game.

Things like turning up to find a complete stranger sat in your seat or the snack bar running out of steak & kidney pies, you know those really irritating things that used to really annoy you but now you would gladly put up with if it meant you were back in attendance.

I'll start . . . when you're sat waiting for kick off and there's a dozen empty seats next to you but that one person insists on sitting right next to you because that's what it say's on their ticket . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post

Things like turning up to find a complete stranger sat in your seat

I'll start . . . when you're sat waiting for kick off and there's a dozen empty seats next to you but that one person insists on sitting right next to you because that's what it say's on their ticket . . .
    So you get cross when someone sits in the wrong seat and cross when they sit in the right seat? Hard to please some folk

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    So you get cross when someone sits in the wrong seat and cross when they sit in the right seat? Hard to please some folk
    Yep, reckon that just about sums me up!

... the one who consistently arrives two minutes after kick off when everyone is settled ... and the one who leaves four minutes before the end to avoid the 'rush' ...

Mushy bloody peas. Why do they never have enough?

When we used to play “big” games there would never be enough programmes nor mushy peas.

Tickets are sold in advance, they know how many are coming?!?!? They should have a good idea based on previous experience of how many they need.....

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... the one who consistently arrives two minutes after kick off when everyone is settled ... and the one who leaves four minutes before the end to avoid the 'rush' ...
    I don't mind people wanting to avoid the queues it's the ones that arrive that annoying 2 mins after kick off.... in both the 1st and 2nd half!! Just as you have settled in for the action having been stood up for 15 mins chatting.

The other one that gets me is how many people still don't know the back pass rule nearly 30 years after it was introduced. It has to be a deliberately played back to the Keeper not a deflection or a mis-hit!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I don't mind people wanting to avoid the queues it's the ones that arrive that annoying 2 mins after kick off.... in both the 1st and 2nd half!! Just as you have settled in for the action having been stood up for 15 mins chatting.

The other one that gets me is how many people still don't know the back pass rule nearly 30 years after it was introduced. It has to be a deliberately played back to the Keeper not a deflection or a mis-hit!
    I'd pish you off then. I always strive to arrive at the ground 5 mins before kick off, I hate waiting for the match to start. More often than not I'm a few mins late.

This amuses rather than annoys me. I always smile when the Kop are hurling abuse at the lino for flagging one of out players off side when I am right in line, and can see the player is clearly two yards off!

I know it’s my own fault but it’s the expectation that really annoys me. I always turn up, nearly always thinking we can win, only to be disappointed with another abject performance. Owners, managers and players may change but the pattern generally remains the same. How many times have we had two consecutive home matches and I’ve though ‘if we can just get 4 or 6 points from these two games we’ll be fine’ only to see us fail miserably. The best was when we had Paul Hart as caretaker manager and we had a few ‘winnable’ home matches to try and avoid relegation, only for him to play one up front to protect the point!!
    It’s like tonight. I will actually tune in expecting us to win. I just can’t help myself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    I know it’s my own fault but it’s the expectation that really annoys me. I always turn up, nearly always thinking we can win, only to be disappointed with another abject performance. Owners, managers and players may change but the pattern generally remains the same. How many times have we had two consecutive home matches and I’ve though ‘if we can just get 4 or 6 points from these two games we’ll be fine’ only to see us fail miserably. The best was when we had Paul Hart as caretaker manager and we had a few ‘winnable’ home matches to try and avoid relegation, only for him to play one up front to protect the point!!
    It’s like tonight. I will actually tune in expecting us to win. I just can’t help myself!!
    This sounds familiar.....every time I 'bound' up the steps to my seat looking around the ground that hold so many magic memories with pride to have such a wonderful place to watch football and filled with excitement only to end up sat there shaking my head in frustration/anger/embarrassment!
    Still....it's only a game,right?....and we've got another one to look forward to tonight!
    COYP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast