+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alioski

Alioski

Lots of rumours flying around about alioski leaving at the end of the season, sad if true, don't think he's suited as a left back, prefer him left wing, bit hard to dislodge Harrison though, pretty sure opinion is split on the little fella, crazy character, but team spirited and fun, and for a small guy wins loads of headers, great left peg at times.

think this is a case of "where there's smoke there is a fire".

He's a fiery personality and maybe feels he's not playing where he should be or not the automatic selection. if Koch and Llorente are healthy could see him sitting. He may see the same. If Strujik keeps developing may even happen this year.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    think this is a case of "where there's smoke there is a fire".

He's a fiery personality and maybe feels he's not playing where he should be or not the automatic selection. if Koch and Llorente are healthy could see him sitting. He may see the same. If Strujik keeps developing may even happen this year.
    Understand all of that, but agree with NW, sometimes you need a player in the side whose skills may be inferior, but who brings that something special to the game, and despite his failings, that's Alioski all over. (And would he really go to that side in Turkey, given the way he sees Leeds as "family"?)

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Understand all of that, but agree with NW, sometimes you need a player in the side whose skills may be inferior, but who brings that something special to the game, and despite his failings, that's Alioski all over. (And would he really go to that side in Turkey, given the way he sees Leeds as "family"?)
    Yep article today suggests he has been offered a new contract - per Christmas he said he wanted to stay.

Hope he stays for reasons stated by others above but if he were to chase first team football as first choice could understand that too.

Maybe he is following the Bielsa approach to contract renewal 😎

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Yep article today suggests he has been offered a new contract - per Christmas he said he wanted to stay.

Hope he stays for reasons stated by others above but if he were to chase first team football as first choice could understand that too.

Maybe he is following the Bielsa approach to contract renewal 😎
    Decent enough to fill in when needed and come of the bench, will run all day for you.
    I certainly would keep him providing he ain't asking for silly money......

Love his fire

I suspect it's not money but more an issue of playing time and position. Obviously, money is always a factor but it's not like Leeds won't spend money right now.

I like Alioski's character and think he is decent as a squad player. Saying that, I think we need better players than Alioski, if we want to keep improving and hopefully in the near future push for the European places.

Good character, hard worker but lets be honest if as a club we want to make that next step to the top 10 we need better than Alioski.

Same goes for most of our back up choices sadly I'd even say Ayling, Klich and Bamford. Good players but if you want to challenge top 6 you need better in the first 11. Watching Ayling get absolutely roasted by Saint-Maximin terrified me.

Like I said, brilliant guys, hard workers, good players but currently they're playing above their potential at the absolute limit of their talent for me so need improving upon next year.

If I was a coach watching Leeds prior to playing us, Alioski and Cooper are a massive weakness. I know injuries have caused problems and disrupted a decent defence, I just don't get Bielsa's loyalty to Alioski and Cooper, can throw Casilla into that mix too. All need to go this summer window.

Quote Originally Posted by YEBOAH01 View Post
    If I was a coach watching Leeds prior to playing us, Alioski and Cooper are a massive weakness. I know injuries have caused problems and disrupted a decent defence, I just don't get Bielsa's loyalty to Alioski and Cooper, can throw Casilla into that mix too. All need to go this summer window.
    His loyalty might stem from the fact that we have no-one else, as was recently proven in the cup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)