+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacob Gratton

Jacob Gratton

I was interested to read Warnes pre Middlesbrough press conference where he mentioned young Jacob Gratton coming back from injury and being included in the squad.

Warne:

“Now we just have to get Chieo Ogbene, Kieran Sadlier and Jacob Gratton up to speed before they can be included in the squad. They all need a good week’s training before they are included on the bench."

Am I reading too much into this or is young Jacob going to be in and around the MATCHDAY squad, with the odd little cameo here and there?

I'll be honest I know very little about him. To those who know more anout the youth set up what type of player is Gratton? Pre injury where would his development, and his potential, be in relation to Kayode and Jake-Cooper?

I think hes an attacking midfielder Grumps. I think left sided but stand to be corrected. Seen him a couple of times with reserves. Mabe a bit wilesy ish. Think Brin and Grist may have seen him more.

Don't know but it's very encouraging that we have a number of players who could genuinely make a first team appearance in due course.
    I think this is one of the things Tone wanted after the Steve Evans era

Wiles paved the way, JJ, Gratton and Jake Cooper

I presume JJ is staying at Carlisle and not going to a div one club

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Don't know but it's very encouraging that we have a number of players who could genuinely make a first team appearance in due course.
    I think this is one of the things Tone wanted after the Steve Evans era

Wiles paved the way, JJ, Gratton and Jake Cooper

I presume JJ is staying at Carlisle and not going to a div one club
    Spot on Flour.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I think hes an attacking midfielder Grumps. I think left sided but stand to be corrected. Seen him a couple of times with reserves. Mabe a bit wilesy ish. Think Brin and Grist may have seen him more.
    A bit more info from Mikemiller. He has played up front and on the wing but he is not the big centre forward type. Does have an eye for goal tho.

I would think JJ and Cooper would be a bit older and in front of him in terms of development but then again age dunt always matter.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    A bit more info from Mikemiller. He has played up front and on the wing but he is not the big centre forward type. Does have an eye for goal tho.

I would think JJ and Cooper would be a bit older and in front of him in terms of development but then again age dunt always matter.
    His dad was a good player both outfield and in goal, played for Wickersley old boys and Joker ? If he is better than his dad he will be a great player for us ?

With the injury he’s had, I’d be surprised to see him involved at any point this season.

Decent prospect though.

Is he the good prospect who we gave a pro contract to and then he had a pretty bad knee injury???

Looked a good un by all accounts......keep it going Jacob lad.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Is he the good prospect who we gave a pro contract to and then he had a pretty bad knee injury???

Looked a good un by all accounts......keep it going Jacob lad.
    Yes we gave him a pro contract
    Yes he has good prospects
    He seems to be doing ok atm so let’s hope his injury do hold him back

He was gutted and will be giving 100% + to get back into it

He’s a Miller

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Yes we gave him a pro contract
    Yes he has good prospects
    He seems to be doing ok atm so let’s hope his injury do hold him back

He was gutted and will be giving 100% + to get back into it

He’s a Miller
    Is he, like Wilesy, a born and bred Miller Topsy?

I know it shouldnt make a difference really, but sentimentally theres something extra special about one of our own wearing the glorious red & white of RUFC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast