+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: when was the first time you got...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Im usually very placid roly.
    So am I with mi black belt in origami

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    So am I with mi black belt in origami
    Can you do me a crane, Roly?😃

Close but no cigar. Mid 70s, pre season Yorkshire Cup game at Millmoor against SUFC. A warm sunny evening, late in the game a bunch of Blades came marauding onto the Tivloli and most Millers dispersed at some speed. Me and my mate were left alone facing the consequences. One of their mob recognised us from junior school and said "Leave them, they are Blades" knowing we weren't. Phew! Even more astonishing as he's now actually serving life for murder

Did get whacked once, would like to think it was SWFC fans but could have been Millers (Gino maybe ). Not at a game but Sunday morning buying tickets for a SWFC game. Paid, got the ticket, passed through the turnstile and under the back of the Tivoli. Out of the shadows appeared a figure .He said "I like it, I want it, I'll take it off your hands and you'll be sorry you crossed me. You'd better understand that you're alone". I think I said "F$@k Off" and the next I know I had this throbbing pain in the side of me head and the ticket was gone. Ended up on the front page of The Star and got free tickets for the game and tickets for a later game in the Directors box. Still have the scar on my face 40+ years later.

Closest I got was at the Wolves FA Cup game in the '70's

Leaving the terraces after the game there was a pack of Wolves fans waiting for us. There was a cry of "stand your ground" from someone in the Millers following which I took as code for "Run like F**k" which I promptly did.
    Coach was bricked on way out as well which wasn't a pleasant experience

If we lost 3. 2 I was there with my mates .we got off the coach and a wolves fan advised us to take our colours off ,he pointed to a large group of millers fans singing and shouting and said they will get a good kicking soon .

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    If we lost 3. 2 I was there with my mates .we got off the coach and a wolves fan advised us to take our colours off ,he pointed to a large group of millers fans singing and shouting and said they will get a good kicking soon .
    Yup 8th Jan 1977

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Hahahaha, I was one of those fans singing and shouting, me and my mate ended up with our heads stuck between the railings on the far side and Wolves fans taking a running kick at our heads for about 10 mins before the coppers steped in and stoped them. Good job they left our arms free to protect our faces or it could have been a perminant goodnight all. Spent the next week with badly brused arms and could hardly lift them up and had to have time off work. Happy days lol.

Glad a wernt int trenches wi sum a yor fu**ers, talk abaat Ities and French back peddling. MOTTO" yal never take TIVOLI" UTM

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Hahahaha, I was one of those fans singing and shouting, me and my mate ended up with our heads stuck between the railings on the far side and Wolves fans taking a running kick at our heads for about 10 mins before the coppers steped in and stoped them. Good job they left our arms free to protect our faces or it could have been a perminant goodnight all. Spent the next week with badly brused arms and could hardly lift them up and had to have time off work. Happy days lol.
    So what possessed you to strick your head through the railings?

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Glad a wernt int trenches wi sum a yor fu**ers, talk abaat Ities and French back peddling. MOTTO" yal never take TIVOLI" UTM

It were areight for you hiding behind Rob Walker 👩*👦

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast