+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To all those on here who slag off Wood

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    When you wake up in the morning, thinking about tonight’s result , just remember who scored the winner.
    Oh I will remember Malwayne, I'll also remember the last games where he's missed chance after chance, not been able to hold the ball up, having a first touch like a chap in a pub team and winning very little headers hoofed up to him time and time again.

As I said before, the monkey's off his back and he should now revert to a goal machine. If he doesn't then today was the exception and it may be time to say goodbye, i hope not.

When he was at Leeds he was frustrating sometimes but then you had to remember what his strengths were and if played to he was very effective. He always puts in a shift and seems to want to constantly improve.

Nobody has mentioned the way he used his strength and persistence to win the corner which led to Ben's glorious header for the first equaliser.
    He has scored more in the PL at this stage of the season than he had in 2018/19 when he finished the season with 10 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    No eating of humble pie for me, as one swallow does not make a summer, if he starts playing similar to tonights performance one in three games I might change my view, but until then no way.
    If you go back on my threads Alto I have never been really happy with Wood.

He does not seem to understand the offside rule.

His general play is not genuine EPL quality, he cannot trap a bag of cement, but he has the knack of scoring goals in the EPL.

At the end of the day if we put him up for sale this morning we would be £30 million better off in the morning, because teams need goals. Ask Ole!

He has started 97 PL games for us and come on as sub in another 16 and has scored 38 goals which is 1 goal in every 3 games on average. Only 1 of those goals has been a penalty. Not bad at a cost of £15 million.

Compare to Callum Wilson who left Bournemouth to go to Newcastle for £20 million. He has scored 49 goals in 144 PL appearances which again is 1 in every 3 games, however, 9 of those goals have been penalties. This season he has scored 8 goals and 4 of those have come from the spot.

Wood misses chances only because he gets in positions when he might score them, hence the cracking save the keeper made last night. He has hit the woodwork 3 times this season. You can see from his elation last night, when he scored the winner,, that he really is trying hard and he will come good.

I'm having that Supersub6, "Wood will come good!"

Attachment 18211

When you wake up in the morning, thinking about tonight’s result , just remember who scored the winner.

Also mal

''When you wake up in the morning, thinking about tonight’s result ,just remember who scored the first and second goals, without them we could not have won!''

I'm having that Supersub6, "Wood will come good, knock on wood!"

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    I'm having that Supersub6, "Wood will come good, knock on wood!"
    Balan and BT --I could say "No you are knot!" however, you are welcome lol.
    Another good team performance when, in spite of Villa passing it around, using their pace etc., etc. they were unable to wear our team down and we triumphed in the end and Dean Smith became yet another of the hordes of managers leaving the Turf and bemoaning the fact that they were the better team but didn't win. I love it ---and there will be more!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)