+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player Ratings vs Solihull (H)

Player Ratings vs Solihull (H)

Compelled to do these after seeing the abomination that is the Post’s effort - https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-moors-4936870

Slocombe - 6.5 - Handling good when required but didn’t have a save of note to make.

Kelly Evans - 8* - Only criticism when on the left is he doesn’t carry a great attacking threat, but was much more dangerous from his natural flank. Long range strike that hit the bar seemed to provide the lift we needed, with the game lifelessly fading into a 0-0 ‘til that point. Brilliant defensively as always, too. One outstanding last ditch tackle sticks in the mind. Up there as POTS so far.

Rawlinson - 7 - Solid against an absolute giant.

Lacey - 7.5 - As above with the added bonus of first class distribution, as illustrated for our opening goal. Class act. These two should definitely remain the first choice pairing; no coincidence the clean sheets have started up again.

Miller - 6 - Caught out of position a few times which you’d expect from a winger playing full back. Touch was a class above this level and clearly has some ability.

Enzio - 7.5 - Supreme work to single handedly kickstart a game that looked destined to end 0-0. Turn, run and skill to beat 2/3 players was one thing, but the composure to perfectly lay on an easy chance for the better placed Wootton showed his class. Quality wins games. We need to stick with him.

Reeves - 4 - Nothing against him to this point - it’s the decision to pair him and Doyle every game, every minute, every circumstance that I find strange - but he was absolutely awful tonight. Can accept players giving the ball away when they’re taking risks, but most of his passes were backwards or sideways - repeatedly slowing attacks - and he still kept managing to lose it. Wolfe may as well head back to Barnsley now. If Reeves isn’t getting subbed during that performance, he never will be.

Doyle - 6 - Nowhere, nowhere near as good as the Post would have you believe, but clearly the better of the two midfielders. Always available and usual tenacity but nothing really incisive and the combination of him and Reeves makes it all too easy for teams to comfortably sit deep and soak up the pressure as Solihull did for 80 mins today, in the knowledge that neither of our CMs will break forward.

O’Brien - 5 - Anonymous. Converted from a winger into a CM before he joined us as he went into his 30s and he lost his pace. Now, at 34, being asked to play on the wing again. Isn’t working.

Effiong - 5 - Never in the game, nothing to work with. Can’t see him and Wootton functioning as a pair long-term as they do the same job.

Wootton - 7 - Relatively quiet but was there when it counted to knock-in two tap-ins.

Knowles - 7 - If we’re going 4-4-2 would like to see him given the chance to start alongside Wootton. Another positive display here. Made a big difference.

Rodrigues - 7.5 - Like Enzio, supplied an assist that few in this league would have even spotted let alone been capable of executing. Extremely unselfish to say the least. The most creative player we have.

Good ratings and agree with everything except I'd give Doyle 6.5.

Rodrigues is class and the one most likely to unlock hard working defences like tonight. 99% of players at this level would shoot with a chance like that and so he really showed his ability to take a touch instead, leave the defender for dead and set up the easiest goal Wootton will ever get. Pure class.

Just basic marks:

Slocombe - 6.5
    Kelly Evans - 6.5
    Rawlinson - 6.5
    Lacey - 6.5
    Miller - 6
    Enzio - 5.5
    Reeves - 4.5
    Doyle - 6.5
    O’Brien - 5
    Effiong - 4.5
    Wootton - 6

Knowles - 6.5
    Rodrigues - 7

Great result, poor performance.

The overriding feeling from me is one I've had for a long time - if we attack more, we'll get more points.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Just basic marks:

Slocombe - 6.5
    Kelly Evans - 6.5
    Rawlinson - 6.5
    Lacey - 6.5
    Miller - 6
    Enzio - 5.5
    Reeves - 4.5
    Doyle - 6.5
    O’Brien - 5
    Effiong - 4.5
    Wootton - 6

Knowles - 6.5
    Rodrigues - 7

Great result, poor performance.

The overriding feeling from me is one I've had for a long time - if we attack more, we'll get more points.
    I agree with those ratings. The thing is that sides are so defensive against us and then we don't attack. Seems pretty stupid to me. Hence the number of really low scoring games this season.