+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post

As an example, Shankland's lay offs and flicks are because he expects the version of the player he used to do that with to be there.
    The player who should be there is busy in a role that he is unsure of.

Mochrie cannot be any worse than Clark in midfield, Sporle cannot be any worse than Robson.
    I dont think the lay offs thing is anything to do with what position players are being played in. Its the fact they are constantly trying all the flicks n tricks when opposition players are taking up positions to counter this. It was clear as day yesterday when a flick didnt come off and 3 simple passes and the ball is at the other end of the park.

I want to see Mochrie given a chance, but if Sporle is to be given a chance, we have to accept he is better in attack and we need a 3 at the back to give that bit of protection. But who gets dropped to fit Edwards, Sporle and Mochrie in? Robson who looks like he needs a rest, so yes, but Butcher? Clark? McNulty? Shankland?

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Let's agree to differ here, how many times have we seen our strikers back deep in own half chasing? Mind you I suppose Shanks wouldn't have got goal of the season so far if he wasn't doing that, me I'd prefer him to be scoring from inside the box but hey.
    As for midfielders helping out defence when needed, how is Clark the man for that?
    Why are we allowing the opposition's tallest to line up against our smallest at set pieces?

We have no pace in our game, no zip in tackles and run out of ideas.
    Formations are changing whether you believe it or not, I hate to say it but I put the blame at Mickey"s door, he needs to fix it and fast.
    Shankland's been doing that since he signed. It's what he does. Okay, not to the extent he has this season but how many times would you look up last year and he was down the opposition half mucking in. The strikers are running deeper, I'll admit that, but is that the managers fault or the fact our midfield is absolute pish with almost zero creativity? We were further up the park yesterday and it's no coincidence it was because we had a decent midfielder in Fuchs on the park.
    Yes, I'll agree on Clark but we have 10 other players doing the same job they've been doing for the last 28 games.
    As for formations, we've predominantly played a 3-5-2 since the third game of the season. There's been changes now & then due to injury or opposition as well as the manager changing it mid-game but come on, we've moaned for years about Neilson, McKinnon etc not having a plan B so we can't all of a sudden moan about Mellon trying to implement one when he feels the need.

Wish to god he had a plan c

Amazed to see that they have turned down a final bid of £3,000,000 from Birmingham for Kevin Nisbet,the one that got away boys and fair play to Tony for trying to sign him.
    All our problems could have been over if he had not been so keen on going to Hibs,we also would not have signed McNulty on loan saving us a packet too.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Amazed to see that they have turned down a final bid of £3,000,000 from Birmingham for Kevin Nisbet,the one that got away boys and fair play to Tony for trying to sign him.
    All our problems could have been over if he had not been so keen on going to Hibs,we also would not have signed McNulty on loan saving us a packet too.
    Thing is GB, Nisbet in a confident Hibs side as opposed to an ailing United side are two different animals. I believe Shankland would have ran riot in that Hibs side (especially at the start of the season).

I am known of not necessarily being a fan of Clark and McNulty. OK so lets assume as many seem to be that they are simply being played out of position.

Firstly a professional player should be able (at this level) to play proficiently in almost every area of the park. Maybe bot best but proficiently. These guys are NOT.

When I hear that, he can't cross because its his wrong foot WTF, even when I played with big heavy balls all those years ago, we had to use both feet.

If its accepted that these guys cannot play in these positions and perform there (even with Ronaldo abilities) then sit them aside on a bench and let a younger or different midfielder play.

If playing them there is going to be the way forward then there should be 9 days a week training in that position to improve them, they haven't advanced one bit.

McN's movement is much better than Clarks but they have both provided absolutely zip in results, zip in assists, zip in general except for looking busy.

As for MM bringing PP on, WTF is the man insane.

Nisbet hands in a transfer request. 😂

Was it £250k they signed him for? Unbelievable profit in such a short space of time.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Nisbet hands in a transfer request. ��
    https://news.stv.tv/sport/kevin-nisb...rnian-move?top

Had his heart set on the Hibees though.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Was it £250k they signed him for? Unbelievable profit in such a short space of time.
    Yes that's right and we offered the same.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)