Following that dreadful display I will be amazed if either Finney or Lowery are in the team. Bad enough that neither managed a single pass or any attempt to support Porter. But with two novice fullbacks to be left totally exposed without support from two experienced midfielders surely has to go down as a first. Plus the fact that one of those midfielders was our Captain. Sorry, there can be no excuse for that.

Late on in the game Evans made an appearance and within 5 minutes he had supported and given Porter the opportunity to score. Something that Finney and Lowery had failed to do for three games.

At the end of the first half Peter Morse commented on how poor our display had been. He ended up by saying that DA would be raging and so angry. That their would be harsh words spoken. Well I do hope that he raged at the person who was responsible. And that person was himself. It had been so obvious that our midfield was so weak for the last 3 games so how come it came as a surprise to him?

Hopefully tomorrow we will have Jones and Pickering available. Replacements for me would be Murphy and Walker. On the bench I would have Evans and Finney as cover for midfield.