+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aston VillAR

Aston VillAR

How on earth did we win that? Great header from Barkley but bloody hell we rode our luck and while I thought the Cash handball was never a penalty, you just don't know nowadays. The fact it was 0.02 seconds from the strike and hitting his arm doesn't come into it when you are watching in super slow mo. However, the offside for Ings, I would have been raging at if it was against Watkins.

Felt like we gave away 3 points against Burnley and stole 3 tonight.

It's whether you prefer us to play well and lose or play badly and win....

Lucky for Villa it wasn’t John McGinn’s @rse involved in that offside call or Ings would have been a foot onside !

Yes Smith said that after the game!
    Strange but I would have preferred the 3 pts v Burnley, as it was us that threw it away. We got lucky in both VAR decisions today and I said to my lad, look, a point on wed and a point today looks better is worse than losing one and then winning one. 🤔
    Seems strange to have A VAR decision go our way let alone two, we will take it though.
    Martynez and Grealish awasome today.
    Two home games to come, still got games in hand and back to 8th, the curry is sitting well tonight..😁

The Burnley result does stick in the craw as it's one we should never have let go of from a winning position and Smith should have made changes sooner as they were coming into the game more, some of our players are leggy from the schedule. A draw might have been a fairer result but goals win games as they say.

All credit to Southampton, they pressed and penned us in really well for long periods, stopping us from playing our fast-flowing football. Never a pen for me but have seen them given since VAR came along, when you move your body the arm goes in the same direction - the offside was harsh but that's happened to us too more than once, Wesley's ankle at Burnley last season being the worst of the lot.

For all that has been said about our defensive performance the space they found in our box with everybody back was shambolic, it's now one win in 8 for Southampton but we made them look a lot better than that. We are very much a work in progress but why doesn't Smith put fresh legs on to address the risks and increase the prospect of a quick break?

Brilliant header from Barkley after a sublime delivery from Jack, if Ollie can do better when he's put through on the break we have the complete striker.

With Lansbury gone and Freddie going out on loan is there a last minute addition to enter the fray?

Maybe the fresh legs will be in the form of Samson?

Has Samson grown his hair again? Dean really doesn't like using subs even when it's obvious we need fresh legs. Has a journo ever questioned this? Very puzzling. Hoping to see Sanson get a run soon.

Sanson😳

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)