+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V West Ham

V West Ham

We owe them one, they come a cropper the weekend but its the match at Uniteds ground that annoys me. Should, like Burnley have won it by HT then Var and a missed penalty. We could possibly go above them with a win into 7th place. At home under the lights, why not with exactly the same team.

2 good sides, should be a good match up - this is such a strange season, Brighton just got their first home win, against Spurs! Sheff U winning at OT and Burnley beating L'pool at Anfield.

Hope we get to see something of our new signing and the best team wins on the night.

Spam are over rated imo and I see a comfortable 3-0 win with Stanton getting his debut as a sub and an assist. God help us now.

We looked very tired and out of ideas. However, we scored and we aren't getting relegated. See what happens in the summer regarding Jack, Wes and any additions that might actually be able to change a game from the bench.

Martinez has had a bad couple of games but that's the problem with being a goalkeeper. He still fills me with confidence when balls come into the box but he got a few things wrong last night with positioning.

Can't believe Jesse JDog BuyMyTees Lingaard scored twice against us. That's his total goals for the season right there

Well, we got found out as you said Sam, Tited, lack of ideas almost looking not bothered. In my eyes two bad goals to concede for Martinez. Jack put in his worsed performance of the season with the England Manager present! ElGhazi gets a recall and ....did he actually touch the ball??? No, bad day all round, hammers derserved the win, no complaints there. Big improvement needed for saturday. Deano, give your guys a rest today!!

Smith had a brutal lesson from a man with over 500 premier matches under his belt.

Out-played and out-fought by a big and very talented group of players.

Too many players not ‘on it’. Fatigue? Maybe. We’ve not been right since the outbreak.

On the whole, DS has assembled a team for promotion, then a team to survive, and then a team to consolidate. If we want to progress further, we need to strengthen all over the pitch (bar the GK department). To progress, we have to look higher than just ‘good players’, who have a good game in 5.

Extremely disappointed, but that’s where we are at. We are a reasonable mid-table Premier League side.

I would have bitten your hand off for the last 10 years to be able to say that.

Onwards n Upwards. UTV.

Yes agreed, we have been on a slide since Covid, good point! Lets face it, we were very fortunate to win at southampton with a similar display. 4 defeats in 6 now and another tough game coming up. Tactically found out v Burnly, West Ham only really comanded and win v the Toon but anyone can beat them. I think Smith needs to rest a player or two. I don't know whats happened to SJM, hardley super, Jack had 3 players on him every time he got the ball, this could have been exposed had Barkley or Traore been on their game!
    Is Douglas suspended for Sunday?
    I cannot think what team DS will put v Arsenal but we have got to take advantagevof them missing their keeper and hopefully David Luiz??🤔

No mate, after 19 games, yellow cards are crushed. so he has another 4 to go. The next cut off point is usually after 30 something games.

Arsenal Saturday mate at 1230.

what happened yesterday was dean tinkered with the system and got it wrong. Simple. They put two on Jack and with el ghazi on the right we didn't have an alternative route like would have with Troare. Unfortunately El Ghazi had one of his rabbit caught in the headlights games, to which he is prone. Dean went one defensive midfielder and pushed mcginn on a bit, which let them flood through.
    We have to remember every team is losing games, with playing every three days the prem has become more like the championship... ie anyone can beat anyone. ok. we looked tired and not at it. I really hate the 8:15 k.o. time. I used to hate it when we played seven a side... I know thats not relevant, but I don't think teams perform up to scratch at that late k.o.

I agree, the headline on BBC sport read,'Not fresh, tired mentally and physically' then realised they were talking about Liverpool.
    Look what happened to Southampton, played really well v Villa then 8:15 v Manure and 9-0 🤔 so playing 12:30 on saturday with a team that had to play with 9 men, lets see if it will wake us up a bit??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)