+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: St johns

St johns

Anybody that's interested in these things.....good, bad, meh.?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Anybody that's interested in these things.....good, bad, meh.?
    Meh, need a team on the park now not some pipe dream for ten years from now.

I blame Tory austerity policies

When you read what Nelms says, it would seem he is here for the long haul.
    Seems he has bought into the optimal dream academy devised between Gordon Strachan and Stephen Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Meh, need a team on the park now not some pipe dream for ten years from now.

Wrong. Need to build a team. Basic building block and a great start. Just need a rethink about Dens and we could be flying.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Wrong. Need to build a team. Basic building block and a great start. Just need a rethink about Dens and we could be flying.
    I don't often disagree with you but it's actually you that's a bit wrong here IMO. Yes the club needs to build a team, but when this project is aimed at high school age kids you're not seeing them in the team for a good few years yet. That's not building a team it's investing in the future and is fine.

Where I disagree is that I believe we need a team on the park now or at least for next season and the only way to build that is to get in decent players, ideally younger and talented ones, that are already in the system.

I agree there needs to be a rethink on Dens, the Campy Nou was a pipe dream that was never coming off, let's get Dens upgraded with an all weather pitch and some hospitality suites. Let's not accept the excuse of 'what if we dig up the Derry and there's toxic material there' and ask the counter question 'what if there isn't?'

How does card park fit into this....or does it not?

But continue with talk of upgrading Dens❤

I don't often disagree with you but it's actually you that's a bit wrong here IMO. Yes the club needs to build a team, but when this project is aimed at high school age kids you're not seeing them in the team for a good few years yet. That's not building a team it's investing in the future and is fine.

Where I disagree is that I believe we need a team on the park now or at least for next season and the only way to build that is to get in decent players, ideally younger and talented ones, that are already in the system.

I agree there needs to be a rethink on Dens, the Campy Nou was a pipe dream that was never coming off, let's get Dens upgraded with an all weather pitch and some hospitality suites. Let's not accept the excuse of 'what if we dig up the Derry and there's toxic material there' and ask the counter question 'what if there isn't?'
    It is a basic building block. Not at all inconsistent with what you want. Trouble with Dens is it needs quite a bit of money spent on it and it does not seem to have the off field revenue earning capability for funeral teas and conferences etc.

Surely god, please not an all weather pitch

I can’t see why they can’t spend the campy money on Dens, two new stands, with corporate function suites included

Imagine considering yourself Scottish not British and getting triggered by someone slagging the f'n tories

You're back on full ignore now, quite clearly you cannot take your crackpot conspiracy pish being ripped apart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)