Thread: Vote of confidence for Max

Vote of confidence for Max

Wayne Rooney had this to say when discussing Bielik's injury:

Rooney said he will not dip into the transfer market to replace Bielik.

"No, I don't need to. Max Bird is a fantastic player, I have got full trust in Max to go into that position and perform for us," Rooney said.

"I thought he was fantastic on Saturday, arguably the best player on the pitch in my opinion. I am comfortable with the midfielders I have got."

Let's hope he's right of course, but that must be a massive boost to Bird. He might not get a gig as the next BBC Radio 4 continuity announcer but what he does say is starting to come over as The Right Stuff IMO

He'd get a job with channel 4...

But yes, hopefully it gives Bird a boost.

It's intriguing that everyone thought Lampard would be a natural and take to management like a duck to water but questioned Gerrard and Rooney. Look who's working now

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    It's intriguing that everyone thought Lampard would be a natural and take to management like a duck to water but questioned Gerrard and Rooney. Look who's working now
    Lets wait until Rooney has had 12 months in charge before making a judgement. As for Lampard, if he'd stayed at Derby I'd venture he would still be working, but a play off final and 6th in the championship and 4th in the prem and an FA Cup final in his first two seasons are more than most managers will achieve in a lifetime!