+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question: Can loan players signed after 12pm (1/2) play (2/2)?

I’m not surprised roly at our lack of activity in the transfer market and I do understand what the other fans have been saying .but it’s so disappointing when it seems we are going to go down without a fight by the chairman. We arnt that far off a championship team and maybe I’m wrong but I would have thought bigger gates more TVs money more money in general would have been an insentive to make an effort. I know this season is different because of the virus but it also mirrores what happened the last time we were in the championship and we were getting gates of 9 10 thousand.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    I’m not surprised roly at our lack of activity in the transfer market and I do understand what the other fans have been saying .but it’s so disappointing when it seems we are going to go down without a fight by the chairman. We arnt that far off a championship team and maybe I’m wrong but I would have thought bigger gates more TVs money more money in general would have been an insentive to make an effort. I know this season is different because of the virus but it also mirrores what happened the last time we were in the championship and we were getting gates of 9 10 thousand.
    Agree very frustrating. We are a gnats off staying up in this league. Not asking for big money signings just a bit of speculate to accumulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post

Also, there is a vague description within clause 43.8.1 in the above relating to this which says ".....are submitted (in such manner as the League shall specify from time to time)......"

Usual EFL Clear As Mud Regulations!!
    Not really.

It reads to me like a rule written at the time of publication but letting clubs know it could be subject to change in the future. Without doubt clubs will be informed of updates and should know it as its such a key part of the football industry.

You have to understand guys that if you were offered double somewhere else you would take it, there probably one or two of us on here who may choose the football option

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    You have to understand guys that if you were offered double somewhere else you would take it, there probably one or two of us on here who may choose the football option
    True. We are on a hiding to nowt in many ways. Until we get to be established at this level and even then we will struggle to compete with the big boys. The only way we could do it is if the playing field is levelled in the championship with regard to wages etc. It waint happen though will it?

It is just so frustrating and I do feel sorry for Warne because I really don't think he can do more than what he is doing. The players do all give 100% with the odd blip. They have all improved. What more can you ask of a human being?

There is one thing, if we do go down, it wont be with a whimper. Think we are going to see some good games till the end of the season. That would be some consolation
    Last edited by rolymiller; 02-02-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Original question clarified courtesy of the Derby Telegraph who wrote :

Players had to be signed by noon yesterday to be available for Derby's squad for tonight's game against Rotherham United. That means possibly only one of the five, defender Teden Mengi, will be in the squad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12