+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Anderson

Bruce Anderson

Gone to the worst team in the league ( Hamilton) I understand. That will really hone his football skills. I think he got a contract extension last year, why I don't know as McInnes never intended to play him. He does not fit his playing style of a big lump up front. He played him once for 90 minutes last year adopting the same style of football as for Cosgrove with predictable results and was thereafter benched. He then said after the Livi game that he had no No 9's. What that would do to Anderson's confidence is anybody's guess. It kind of gives the wrong message to the youngsters coming through as well. Anderson may never have made it but we will not get the chance to find out but if he does it will not be at Pittodrie. Cosgrove could play week in week out and never score but still made the teamsheet for the next match. He should have given Anderson a run of games playing a system which would suit him but he never did. Time we had a new manager with more flexible ideas I think by the summer at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    Gone to the worst team in the league ( Hamilton) I understand. That will really hone his football skills. I think he got a contract extension last year, why I don't know as McInnes never intended to play him. He does not fit his playing style of a big lump up front. He played him once for 90 minutes last year adopting the same style of football as for Cosgrove with predictable results and was thereafter benched. He then said after the Livi game that he had no No 9's. What that would do to Anderson's confidence is anybody's guess. It kind of gives the wrong message to the youngsters coming through as well. Anderson may never have made it but we will not get the chance to find out but if he does it will not be at Pittodrie. Cosgrove could play week in week out and never score but still made the teamsheet for the next match. He should have given Anderson a run of games playing a system which would suit him but he never did. Time we had a new manager with more flexible ideas I think by the summer at the latest.
    Exactly I don’t understand why in the entire time Derek has been here we’ve never had a 6’5” striker in the u21.

I don’t pay any attention to the under21s*

But if McIness had any intention of bringing through young players then you would think he would be at least starting off with the “type” he prefers.

* A shame to admit that, I used to go to loads of reserve games when they were played on a Saturday afternoon at Pittodrie.

Hope he scores a few & keeps Hamilton up.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    He had a chance at Ayr Utd. He's done well to land a chance in a Premiership side after that.

Ayr Utd. clearly didn't work out. But I recall a certain Scott McKenna who had a lower league loan that didn't go well and next thing we knew he was captaining Scotland.

Anderson has never been given a chance with us - only 4 starts in his career. I hope he gets plenty of time on the pitch at Hamilton and then we ought to know, one way or the other, whether he can cut it in the SPFL.

It kind of feels like for the moment all bets are off. Fingers crossed he does well.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Ayr Utd. clearly didn't work out. But I recall a certain Scott McKenna who had a lower league loan that didn't go well and next thing we knew he was captaining Scotland.

Anderson has never been given a chance with us - only 4 starts in his career. I hope he gets plenty of time on the pitch at Hamilton and then we ought to know, one way or the other, whether he can cut it in the SPFL.

It kind of feels like for the moment all bets are off. Fingers crossed he does well.
    Anderson never really got any game time, McInnes was happy enough to enjoy the glory when he scored against sevco though.

McInnes didnt mind giving loads of game time to utter sh1te (usually the utter sh1te he signed).

If Anderson isnt good enough so be it... but he should at least have been given a decent chance.

Why not just let the boy go for good. Clearly has no faith in him whatsoever. Brought back on loan from Ayr and given 7 minutes against Livvy only to be punted out on loan straightaway again tells you all you need to know. Boys confidence must be shot to pieces the way he has been treated.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Why not just let the boy go for good. Clearly has no faith in him whatsoever. Brought back on loan from Ayr and given 7 minutes against Livvy only to be punted out on loan straightaway again tells you all you need to know. Boys confidence must be shot to pieces the way he has been treated.
    But if his contract is up at the end of the season we have in effect let him go for good unless there is a new contract agreed in the summer.

At Ayr, I'm sure I read somewhere there was a fallout with the manager, hence no game time. Why leave him there in such circumstance? Surely better he starts a clean slate with a premier club to see if he is at that standard.

Can't understand why the boys confidence would be shot by being loaned out to a premier club rather than not get a game in a lower league.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    But if his contract is up at the end of the season we have in effect let him go for good unless there is a new contract agreed in the summer.

At Ayr, I'm sure I read somewhere there was a fallout with the manager, hence no game time. Why leave him there in such circumstance? Surely better he starts a clean slate with a premier club to see if he is at that standard.

Can't understand why the boys confidence would be shot by being loaned out to a premier club rather than not get a game in a lower league.
    100% agree Derek has managed Bruce brilliantly. If Bruce had been serious about playing for us he would have grown whose ever heard of a 5’8” striker ?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast