+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR (Again)

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    I get that WTF,
    But take the offside, if your offside by a inch or offside by 2 yards, your offside.
    You are either on or off.
    Hence my reference to rules, backing up your comment on them not helping.

It can't make any sense, no matter how many convoluted twists and turns the lawmakers dream up, for a players short sleeve, or the hem of their shorts, (or even, I would suggest, the heel of his (or her) boot), or as was actually the case recently their backside, to be considered relevant when deciding whether the player is offside. There simply MUST be some measure of interpretation of conditions, and the rules should allow that, which currently, clearly, they don't.

Black and white rules are not the norm in football. Take the appalling tackle early in the game, obviously a straight red, but I've seen similar tackles, which haven't made contact as that one did, that haven't even been given a yellow, despite the rules mentioning the showing of studs etc as justification for one, so leaving refs to interpret conditions of play and circumstances. The last red is another example, this time of where the ref got it wrong and VAR SHOULD have stepped in to correct his decision. I suspect most fans would appreciate VAR doing so, and so would refs, if they have any common sense. They are trained and paid to interpret and apply the rules but right now its a case of "the law is an ass".
    Last edited by WTF11; 03-02-2021 at 03:58 PM.

A lot of games HO you do not see VAR it ain't used...
    Haven't watched a PL game yet where there wasn't a VAR-related decision (good or bad)

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Haven't watched a PL game yet where there wasn't a VAR-related decision (good or bad)
    Newc v palace last night
    Having said that it does depend how many you watch...
    I tend to watch a lot of football on tv
    Leeds V Leicester sunday I dont think var was used could be wrong

Hence my reference to rules, backing up your comment on them not helping.

It can't make any sense, no matter how many convoluted twists and turns the lawmakers dream up, for a players short sleeve, or the hem of their shorts, (or even, I would suggest, the heel of his (or her) boot), or as was actually the case recently their backside, to be considered relevant when deciding whether the player is offside. There simply MUST be some measure of interpretation of conditions, and the rules should allow that, which currently, clearly, they don't.

Black and white rules are not the norm in football. Take the appalling tackle early in the game, obviously a straight red, but I've seen similar tackles, which haven't made contact as that one did, that haven't even been given a yellow, despite the rules mentioning the showing of studs etc as justification for one, so leaving refs to interpret conditions of play and circumstances. The last red is another example, this time of where the ref got it wrong and VAR SHOULD have stepped in to correct his decision. I suspect most fans would appreciate VAR doing so, and so would refs, if they have any common sense. They are trained and paid to interpret and apply the rules but right now its a case of "the law is an ass".
    Cant comment on that game WTF if your on about wolves v arsenal but what I've read it sounds a bad night for Var

Cant comment on that game WTF if your on about wolves v arsenal but what I've read it sounds a bad night for Var
    That's the one, and yes it was!

And again, Mitrovic goes down like a sack of spuds following contact that wouldnt have shifted skin off a rice pudding and gets the Spam player sent off, thanks to VAR, f00king stupid rules and a ref without the remotest semblance of common sense.

Good reaction from Jamie Redknapp too (suggesting VAR gets stuffed where the sun don't shine (more or less)).

And again, Mitrovic goes down like a sack of spuds following contact that wouldnt have shifted skin off a rice pudding and gets the Spam player sent off, thanks to VAR, f00king stupid rules and a ref without the remotest semblance of common sense.
    Poor show. Deane watched it a million times before deciding....

Good reaction from Jamie Redknapp too (suggesting VAR gets stuffed where the sun don't shine (more or less)).
    Saw the incident, Var only says to the Ref to look at it,Var does not give the decision..
    Deane is the issue here not VAR

Saw the incident, Var only says to the Ref to look at it,Var does not give the decision..
    Deane is the issue here not VAR
    Without VAR (and the God awful rules we both commented on) and those who "man the hub", suggesting Deane look at "the clenched fist" (which f00king clenched fist??????), Deane wouldn't have been able to spend 10 minutes boring the pants off the rest if us making what passes for his mind up.

Don't know why you continue to defend the indefensible (and it's most certainly not just me that wants it canned (at least as currently used)). Technology should help enhance the experience, and yet we now have football games mired in controversy every week BECAUSE of the technology, not in spite of it making the right decision easier.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)