+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR (Again)

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Without VAR (and the God awful rules we both commented on) and those who "man the hub", suggesting Deane look at "the clenched fist" (which f00king clenched fist??????), Deane wouldn't have been able to spend 10 minutes boring the pants off the rest if us making what passes for his mind up.

Don't know why you continue to defend the indefensible (and it's most certainly not just me that wants it canned (at least as currently used)). Technology should help enhance the experience, and yet we now have football games mired in controversy every week BECAUSE of the technology, not in spite of it making the right decision easier.
    I dont defend it WTF its here now and not going away...
    Trust me I understand where you are coming from,but if it went away I would guarantee you it would cost a team big time...
    Then the call will.be where is VAR..
    Like I say WTF I watch a lot of football in Europe on sky bet and it works perfectly....

Dean today just could have looked at it for 30 seconds and thought...Bollox that is nothing carry on
    But dean is the ultimate drama queen who loves the spot light

But anyway I will defend it, as on sky bet it was 9/4 a decision over turned by VAR
    Had 40.00 on it won 90.00
    As I communicate to you I have 20.00 on this game now, a decision to be over turned by VAR
    So come on VAR 👍👍

The Soucek sending off was a nonsense.

He (Soucek) inadvertently caught Mitrovic lifting his arm up in an attempt to wriggle free and gain space. Certainly nothing intentionally violent involved, even if his elbow did catch the latter.

Graeme Le Saux was the co-commentator on the box here and he thought it was a bollox call too.

Which it was.

Could possibly be deemed reckless (yellow) at most. Excessive or violent. No.

The offside stuff is annoying (especially the shirt sleeve idiocy) but it is at least black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    The Soucek sending off was a nonsense.

He (Soucek) inadvertently caught Mitrovic lifting his arm up in an attempt to wriggle free and gain space. Certainly nothing intentionally violent involved, even if his elbow did catch the latter.

Graeme Le Saux was the co-commentator on the box here and he thought it was a bollox call too.

Which it was.
    That soucek is one hell of a player 18 million
    Bargain

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    I dont defend it WTF its here now and not going away...
    Trust me I understand where you are coming from,but if it went away I would guarantee you it would cost a team big time...
    Then the call will.be where is VAR..
    Like I say WTF I watch a lot of football in Europe on sky bet and it works perfectly....

Dean today just could have looked at it for 30 seconds and thought...Bollox that is nothing carry on
    But dean is the ultimate drama queen who loves the spot light

But anyway I will defend it, as on sky bet it was 9/4 a decision over turned by VAR
    Had 40.00 on it won 90.00
    As I communicate to you I have 20.00 on this game now, a decision to be over turned by VAR
    So come on VAR 👍👍
    Up to that final sentence I was at least willing to go half way with you, but.........

If there is one thing worse than VAR in football, it's the pervasive, all-consuming, never-satisfied, cloying, destructive, death-dealing, parasitic abomination of online sports betting. And how predictable that the purveyors of this modern-day route to debt and destruction should see a business opportunity in the introduction of technology supposedly designed to improve decision making. As you may have guessed, I don't much care for it and I wish Leeds didn't have a shirt sponsor at all rather that the one we have (and had previously).

That soucek is one hell of a player 18 million
    Bargain
    We could sign him on loan for the next three games...

Up to that final sentence I was at least willing to go half way with you, but.........

If there is one thing worse than VAR in football, it's the pervasive, all-consuming, never-satisfied, cloying, destructive, death-dealing, parasitic abomination of online sports betting. And how predictable that the purveyors of this modern-day route to debt and destruction should see a business opportunity in the introduction of technology supposedly designed to improve decision making. As you may have guessed, I don't much care for it and I wish Leeds didn't have a shirt sponsor at all rather that the one we have (and had previously).
    I get that WTF you dont like gambling, totally understand.
    I tend to have a bit of fun with it and like a punt

But I respect and understand your values...

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    We could sign him on loan for the next three games...
    3 years hopefully Orgoner

I get that WTF you dont like gambling, totally understand.
    I tend to have a bit of fun with it and like a punt

But I respect and understand your values...
    Unfortunately I suspect that all those who have committed suicide rather than have to face the consequences of what proves to be an addiction, or who lose their friends, family, jobs, homes, liberty for the same reason, all started off with "a bit if fun" and liked a punt. Unfortunately the exhortation to "Stop when the fun stops" is about as much use in preventing gambling harm as a chocolate teapot.

Totally agree WTF,I would never buy a Burnley shirt with the gambling firm Lovebet on it.. Hopefully we will have a new sponsor next season.
    Last edited by alfinyalcabo; 06-02-2021 at 10:08 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)