+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What next

What next

Am new to the site and this comment from BBC sport this evening really says it All!

Comment posted by Shy Talk, today at 20:02
    Shy Talk
    20:02

I hope that Garlick and Banaszkiewicz, who have each made fortunes in this Yank sell out; (the club reportedly now £90M worse off and saddled with debt); looked up from counting their money to see the side and bench Dyche had to put out. When I saw it, I thought we would be lucky to get away with 0-5. Outclassed but never stopped.

PACE-”judge us by results and what we do” well I am waiting.

Garlick and Banaszkiewicz-Well I cannot comment on the financial aspects, as I am not qualified to-with my limited knowledge however it doesn't inspire me with confidence.

Bluntly, the team is too old,too slow,one dimensional and boring.

We need to begin casting a wider net and recruit some foreign talent.

Years of neglect,under investment; and some shockingly bad signings have brought us to this point.

Can anyone offer me a shred of optimism?

Brighton next, and at 5.00 PM this Saturday it's likely we will be back here again!

We've also made some amazing signings. Pope, Tarkowski, Barnes, Wood, Taylor. Brownhill will seem like one later. How many do you want? Troll - are you BT?

Quote Originally Posted by warminsterclaret View Post
    We've also made some amazing signings. Pope, Tarkowski, Barnes, Wood, Taylor. Brownhill will seem like one later. How many do you want? Troll - are you BT?
    Why you picking on me?

Quote Originally Posted by DownThePlughole66 View Post
    Am new to the site and this comment from BBC sport this evening really says it All!

Shy Talk

I hope that Garlick and Banaszkiewicz, who have each made fortunes in this Yank sell out; (the club reportedly now £90M worse off and saddled with debt); looked up from counting their money to see the side and bench Dyche had to put out. When I saw it, I thought we would be lucky to get away with 0-5. Outclassed but never stopped.

Garlick and Banaszkiewicz-Well I cannot comment on the financial aspects, as I am not qualified to-with my limited knowledge however it doesn't inspire me with confidence.

Years of neglect,under investment; and some shockingly bad signings have brought us to this point.

Brighton next, and at 5.00 PM this Saturday it's likely we will be back here again!
    Welcome DownThePlughole66 (from where did that moniker originate?)

Sorry, we are all pretty much out of optimism on here.

I opened a "Relegation Thread" on here a couple of weeks ago, wins against Liverpool and Villa provided a brief flurry of hope, but now I think it's deep do-do time again.

Quote Originally Posted by DownThePlughole66 View Post

Shy Talk

Welcome Plughole.

You must have been reading my posts as I have been saying (nearly word for word) exactly the same for many many months.

Enjoy your time here if you decide to stick around

Welcome.

It's so downbeat on here that I think a lot of folk can't be bothered to post. The management at the very top has taken the enthusiasm away. 2 transfer windows and 1 signing, who is older and will not be a regular in any event. It's very dire and I do wonder where this club is going in the future. Life outside premier league financially is unthinkable and now we have a debt burden as well. Its just brilliant; how was this crap allowed to happen?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    how was this crap allowed to happen?!!!
    Well first of all Dave, you have to look at the FA's fit and proper person test, having allowed this mugging of BFC to have been given the green light, but we all know The FA are NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Well first of all Dave, you have to look at the FA's fit and proper person test, having allowed this mugging of BFC to have been given the green light, but we all know The FA are NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE themselves.
    I'm not nit picking here Alto, but it was the EPL who ran the rule over ALK and VSP.

I have no doubt whatsoever a bunch of Mormons would pass an individual "due diligence" test, but it's the levered buyout that is questionable.

ALK have effectively paid out Burnley Football Club's two major stakeholders with the club's own money. The South Sea Bubble of 1720 had nothing on this folly.
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 04-02-2021 at 03:51 PM.

FA, EPL, FIFA, UEFA, IMF, TFL, BBC, PC, They are all corrupt and think more about their pockets and self esteem than bettering what they are charged to do, this world is one phucking mess and is only going to get worse.

When I understood the annual interest payments the club has to pay each year I was really deflated.

Fine if we stay in the Prem. But if this extra burden on our finances means that we can't invest enough in the team, then relegation isn't too far round the corner.

And how can we finance that debt in the Championship?

I am worried, but I hope that the ALK lot have a viable plan.

If it is based on assessing unknown players who send in a video of then training then we are doomed.

Like Mr Pace says, judge them by their actions. But up to now I can't say that I'm very impressed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)