+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County Post Match Thoughts

That Gregory miss made up for decisions that's gone against us. Hope Robbo keeps fit when he is he's a championship player. Got to find a way to start with Giles in the side, he's a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    If Gregory scores with that simple headed chance, tonight could have ended poorly for us.
    ..he didn't, though, did he?

How many times this season has that been said of our own players (Smudge, Tree, Freddie, etc.). If they'd scored all their similar chances we would already have been well above Derby (unless, of course, they'd put all theirs away as well).

The French have a saying that covers it "With a few ifs you could put Paris in a bottle". (Though in French of course )

I've only watched the 2 minute highlights, but they looked like 3 good goals, one a set piece that, given previous, looks like it is regularly worked on, and two well worked, finding space against a tired-looking defence.

Quote Originally Posted by thaimillerfan View Post
    On the day 11 v 11 we rode our luck and showed commitment . It was a matter of time that the players would click as a team. Well done on the double. how the mighty have fallen.
    Goal attempts they had 10 opposed to our 9 but we had four on target they had two.Don't know about riding our luck,I thik we thoroughly deserved to win.We have a fast improving team and Warney deserves a lot of credit for blending these quality players together.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Goal attempts they had 10 opposed to our 9 but we had four on target they had two.Don't know about riding our luck,I thik we thoroughly deserved to win.We have a fast improving team and Warney deserves a lot of credit for blending these quality players together.
    Well said Bill
    Don't need to add anything more to your observations

Great result last night, would have been happy just not to lose. Thought it was a pretty even game, could have gone either way, we took our chances, they didn’t take theirs.

That’s the same lee Gregory who said we would bottle it in our fight against relegation under evans......oh we beat reading and millwall went down...looks like he messed up again last night.!.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    ..he didn't, though, did he?

How many times this season has that been said of our own players (Smudge, Tree, Freddie, etc.). If they'd scored all their similar chances we would already have been well above Derby (unless, of course, they'd put all theirs away as well).

The French have a saying that covers it "With a few ifs you could put Paris in a bottle". (Though in French of course )

I've only watched the 2 minute highlights, but they looked like 3 good goals, one a set piece that, given previous, looks like it is regularly worked on, and two well worked, finding space against a tired-looking defence.
    Its all a distraction, I wonder what the French word for distraction is

I'm sure I read somewhere that, although Gregory was at SUFC academy as a youngster, he's actually a SWFC fan..........oh well!!

Maybe a contributory factor why he went to Millwall rather than us, when we both bid for him from Halifax a few seasons back??

Congrats on the double. First against us since 1966. I hope that means England win the Euros.....

You've found us out in both games. We struggle against teams that employ the sort of full court pressing and harrying that you do. It's not pretty to watch but against us it's pretty damned effective.

For 75 minutes the sides seemed to take it in turn to have the upper hand and I was just about resigned to 0-0 when the defence shut off and Ihiewike (spelling?) put the nod on away well. 2nd was Shinnie unable to follow his man, cross came in and Smith put it away well at the near post. 3rd, Byrne tried to cut inside, slipped and fell, your man took the ball and ran unopposed into the area and slotted it past Marshall who was probably a yard too far to his right. A mix of decent play and errors.

Still lots of points to be won and lost. It's a crazy League, we're getting points (wins) against most of the top 6 and have only beaten Brum from the bottom 7 thus far. It's been a while since we were at this end of the table. Rather be top half, as would you be, I presume.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Congrats on the double. First against us since 1966. I hope that means England win the Euros.....

You've found us out in both games. We struggle against teams that employ the sort of full court pressing and harrying that you do. It's not pretty to watch but against us it's pretty damned effective.

For 75 minutes the sides seemed to take it in turn to have the upper hand and I was just about resigned to 0-0 when the defence shut off and Ihiewike (spelling?) put the nod on away well. 2nd was Shinnie unable to follow his man, cross came in and Smith put it away well at the near post. 3rd, Byrne tried to cut inside, slipped and fell, your man took the ball and ran unopposed into the area and slotted it past Marshall who was probably a yard too far to his right. A mix of decent play and errors.

Still lots of points to be won and lost. It's a crazy League, we're getting points (wins) against most of the top 6 and have only beaten Brum from the bottom 7 thus far. It's been a while since we were at this end of the table. Rather be top half, as would you be, I presume.
    We'd be quite content with 4th from bottom. General consensus, is that this is a much better side / squad then the one we had in our last two championship campaigns but covid/injuries has made this a highly unpredictable campaign. Hard to see who the 3 who will finish below us will be (Wycombe, Wednesday hopefully + one other). I doubt that will be Derby but some of your fanbase had it coming last night. Less about who we beat or who is around us and more about how many points we pick up. Looks like it could be 50+ points to stay up this year.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast